Forcing EQ Charge via Scooterdiag ?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
mikemitbike
mikemitbike's picture
Forcing EQ Charge via Scooterdiag ?

Hi there i´m back after Winter- and Twizy-Vacation. The battery of my Vectrix seems to
have driftet a lot during winter althought i carged it now and then. To my question:
I found a description to force an EQ charge via the Scooterdiagnostic-software, but
finaly lost it again and can´t find it anymore. I tried the search in this forum but
without luck. Has anyone an idea where to find and how to do it?
I´m using an NiMH Vectrix.

Greetings Mike

R
R's picture
Re: Forcing EQ Charge via Scooterdiag ?

You have a PM

israndy
israndy's picture

This would have seemed of interest to the group

-Randy

martinwinlow

Seconded!! I would find that a most useful tool. MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
evalbum.com/2092

martinwinlow

Seconded!! I would find that a most useful tool. MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
evalbum.com/2092

The Laird

Hello Folks,

I don't look much on the forum these days but today I got a message and decided to glance through the latest posts.

Frankly, some of the posts are worrying.

This business of equalising charge. "Force Eq" makes no sense.

In earlier posts I have described the charging process used by Vectrix and listed it's faults and hangups. I have since offered solutions. Now, I am seeing the same old questions being regurgitated and, Presumably, hoping for a different answer to that originally given.

The EQ charge as provided for in the Vectrix software is DANGEROUS in that it simply overcharges an already full battery causing heating and damage.

The force EQ charge allows the diagnostic programme to add another damaging EQ charge. Why would anyone in their right mind wish to compound the damage already done by the Vectrix programme?

There is a "force 30 amp hour charge" button on the diagnostics programme also. This alows the user to stuff the battery with another30 amp hours of energy regardless of the condition or actual capacity of the battery. Vectrix engineers were using this on a regular basis on already damaged batteries with disastrous results. If you remember, they went bankrupt.

Now, shall we all get sensible? Stop having 'good ideas'. Read the battery articles already written because all of these questions have already be aired and answered. If you have an ESD charger consider the available alternative software.

And finally, stop expecting a different answer to the same old questions because, as Einstein said, "doing the same thing and expecting a different result is a sign of insanity" AND, in the case of Vectrix, a sign that the company is about to go bankrupt??

The Laird.
(hoping to see fewer repeats and telling it like it is, yet again):-)

ofx210p

well said sir !
*especially the einstein quote. very true

mikemitbike
mikemitbike's picture

Hello Folks,
The EQ charge as provided for in the Vectrix software is DANGEROUS in that it simply overcharges an already full battery causing heating and damage.

Hi Laird, as my new Scooter has the new charger equalising with only 1/30C (1A) I´ll take the risk...
By the way you may have not seen it. I had the Info how to force the EQ if wanted, but lost the Information.
So I used the forum for what it is maid for: Research.
Greetings to the Island
Mike

bm3

I agree fully to The Laird,
maybe some of the Vectrix owners seem to have to high espectations in the EQ charges designed by Vectrix.
The 3A charges with the old charger are known as extremly dangerous for the life span of the cells ! So I don`t permit my charger to do any EQ charges with my cells ! Even the 1A charges with the new chargers are not good !
This EQ charges bring only a lot of heat into the most cells which are already full loaded and increase the risk of cell damages.
The best way to do an EQ charge, if you don`t want give up your opinion to do it is with a very low current over a long time. F. e. 0,1 to 0,3 A.
I do this from time to time with an external charger I built 2 years ago for a view Euros.

many greetings

Klaus

The Laird

Hi Mikemitbike,

I have no wish to start a disagreement with you BUT, any equalising charge is simply an OVERCHARGE of already full cells.

The NiMH cells do not take kindly to overcharge. All I offer to the readers on this forum is my view based on knowledge and experience. and the actions which I have taken to correct the problems which I have found. Any and everyone is free to do his/her own thing.

The words 'Force EQ' should be enough of a warning. You would be FORCING another round of what has already failed to work, and that is the regular EQ in the chargers programme.

Using the modified software, which has no EQ in it's programme. I am having no problems with cell imbalance. I am having no problems with battery heating. I still have a 30/35mile range on the damaged battery which I just haven't got around to repairing. I don't overcharge the battery and I don't do those 'Deep Discharges' which the Vectrix people seem to favour.

Sorry if all of this troubles you, but it doesn't trouble me, I just like to be helpful.

Have fun folks,

The Laird

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage