Regen on XM-3000 3500Li

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spaceangel
Regen on XM-3000 3500Li

Is it possible to do Regen on any of the XM series scooters? Even the tiny Vectrix VX-2 lead sled can do regen along with the Zero and big VX-1 scooters. It sure could help with over all range. I notice the steep hills kill my range and I wish there was a just a tad to give back on a steep down hill grade. I slow down to a crawl and into red zone and just about stay there because of the steep hills drawing 40 plus amps on a 38 AH pack. Then after 8 or 10 miles I can't draw even 25 or 30 amperes to keep up speed. Do I have to swap out controller or can I feed some voltage in the controller to do Regenerative braking to put some juice back into pack. I am on my third controller anyways so that is an easy to do item. On another note, I notice hub motor seems to get a might bit warm so I don't know if it is hot from brake disk or just the amps running the motor. I wouldn't have noticed it much but I have to use a Xena lock on all wheels and a Master lock through holes to keep it chained up while parking.

LeftieBiker
Re: Regen on XM-3000 3500Li

I have an XM3000, and the scooter is a Champ at coasting with the motor off, which saves much more power under most circumstances than does regen. If you do find a way to do it, make sure that regen only comes on with the brake lights, or you may end up with *less* range, instead of more.

mopedbrainy
Re: Regen on XM-3000 3500Li

Adjusting front brake requires distinction ( soft pull---ELECTRICAL CUT CURRENT--- regular pull ---CABLE BRAKE ) Motor wheel works better without the friction .It is possible to brake magnetically > The controller's ALARM green wire WHEEL LOCK works with a diode /rectifier .. CAREFUL THE WHEEL will lock after three (3) seconds . Why regen 10 percent of the used power ?

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage