EVT America is back

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
EVT America is back

http://www.evtamerica.com/intro/blog.html

Having allegedly been the first company to import electric scooters into the US (year 2001), Europe and South America, Electric Vehicles Transportation of America doing business as “EVTAMERICA”, was not only a pioneer in the electric scooter and electric motorcycle business, but it also successfully designed, manufactured, distributed and profitably sold its own products for years until the market vanished when the worldwide financial collapse of 2008 resulted in the most devastating economic catastrophe ever experienced since the Great Depression.

Five years have gone by since then and meaningful changes have occurred in the interim. The international electric vehicle scenario has advanced immensely, particularly in China and Europe and in great measure in the United States where there are now multiple companies building and selling electric vehicles; both two-wheeled and four-wheeled. ...

They go on .. citing Zero and Brammo as competitors, while ignoring others like Current Motor and Vectrix.

EVTAmerica is proposing a limited series of low to medium cost electric scooter models, starting at a suggested retail price of one thousand seven hundred seventy six US dollars ($1,776.00). This conveniently priced model will have a maximum speed of approximately 30MPH, which means that in some states they will not require registration or a driver’s license to operate. Their range will be roughly thirty (30) miles. They will be powered by lead acid batteries but it is light in weight and easily manageable.

They're working with the Tianma Motorcycle Factory, who they say is a major manufacturer in China. They've got US certification with the DOT and certification with the EPA is coming soon.

That means shortly they'll be able to export EVTAmerica bikes from China not only to the US but Europe.

BRAND: EVTA * MODEL: ZZ-V * YEAR: 2014
MOTOR POWER: 1000 or 1500 (OPTIONAL) WATTS BRUSHLESS HUB MOTOR
MAXIMUM SPEED: 50 KILOMETERS PER HOUR = 30 MILES PER HOUR
AVAILABLE IN BOTH LEAD ACID BATTERIES OR LITHIUM BATTERIES
RANGE WITH LITHIUM BATTERIES AT 50 KPH=30MPH: 63 KILOMETERS = 40 MILES
RANGE WITH LEAD ACID BATTERIES AT 50 KPH=30MPH: 48 KILOMETERS = 30 MILES
PRICE AS SHOWN SPECS WITH LITHIUM BATTERIES: $3276.00
PRICE AS SHOWN SPECS WITH LEAD ACID BATTERIES: $1776.00
SHIPPING HOME DELIVERY ANYWHERE IN CONTINENTAL USA: $199.00

BRAND: EVTA * MODEL: ZZ-A * YEAR: 2014
MOTOR: 2500 WATTS BRUSHLESS HUB MOTOR
AVAILABLE IN BOTH SEALED LEAD ACID BATTERIES OR LITHIUM BATTERIES
MAXIMUM SPEED WITH LEAD ACID BATTERIES: 60 KILOMETERS PER HOUR = 38 MILES PER HOUR
MAXIMUM SPEED WITH LITHIUM BATTERIES: 80 KILOMETERS PER HOUR = 50 MILES PER HOUR
ESTIMATED RANGE WITH LITHIUM BATTERIES AT 50 KPH=30MPH: 90 KILOMETERS = 56 MILES
ESTIMATED RANGE WITH LEAD ACID BATTERIES AT 50 KPH=30MPH: 52 KILOMETERS = 32 MILES
RETAIL PRICE WITH LITHIUM BATTERIES: $5,576.00
RETAIL PRICE WITH LEAD ACID BATTERIES: $2,878.00
HOME DELIVERY SHIPPING COST TO ANYWHERE IN THE USA: $199.00

BRAND: EVTA * MODEL: ZZ-M * YEAR: 2014
MOTOR: 1500 WATTS BRUSHLESS HUB MOTOR (ALSO AVAILABLE WITH 2000 WATTS )
AVAILABLE IN BOTH SEALED LEAD ACID BATTERIES OR LITHIUM BATTERIES
MAXIMUM SPEED WITH LITHIUM BATTERIES: 60 KILOMETERS PER HOUR = 37 MILES PER HOUR
MAXIMUM SPEED WITH LEAD ACID BATTERIES: 50 KILOMETERS PER HOUR = 30 MILES PER HOUR
ESTIMATED RANGE WITH LITHIUM BATTERIES AT 50 KPH=30MPH: 75 KILOMETERS = 46 MILES
ESTIMATED RANGE WITH LEAD ACID BATTERIES AT 50 KPH=30MPH: 50 KILOMETERS = 30 MILES
RETAIL PRICE WITH LITHIUM BATTERIES: $4,378.00
RETAIL PRICE WITH LEAD ACID BATTERIES: $2,292.00
HOME DELIVERY SHIPPING COST TO ANYWHERE IN THE USA: $199.00

MEroller
MEroller's picture
Re: EVT America is back

Those are all just toys. 2500W maximum, how sad ... :-(

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

Overload

Toys at a toy price. If you can get around an urban center at speeds a regular 50cc scooter can (assuming you have a way to recharge), you might have something. The old Z20 did 40mph and had a range of about 20 miles at that speed. No highways, but fine for service streets. It's been 5 years and I'm still on my first set of Lead Acid batteries.

Would I buy another scooter from (the old) EVTA? Never. It was built to spec, and was nickel and dimed everywhere the Chinese manufacturer could find to. It was a toy, and is basic transportation. For $2K that's what I'd expect.

I wonder if there's any actual relationship between the old and new EVTA, other than name? The press release above isn't quite correct, as there was EVT, the electric scooter maker, and EVTA, an American importer, who imported EVT scooter before venturing out on their own with the Z20.

Overload in CO

Overload in CO

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I looked around their site carefully and at first impression thought - this is a new team who bought the name and is trying to resurrect the company. But there is a page which describes their history, and makes it clear this is the same team, they may have hunkered down during the economic crisis, but are trying to say they've been searching around the Chinese scooter makers looking for the best one to work with, and have finally chosen one.

As for EVT the scooter maker versus EVTA ...

I've written this up before but don't feel like finding it. The short history is that the Taiwanese EVT made scooters, distributed them from Taiwan to various countries. EVTA was one of two companies in the US importing scooters from the Taiwan EVT. BTW - I'd found another EVT in Thailand at one time, which is why I'm being careful to say Taiwan EVT. The other company importing EVT scooters at that time was Electric Motorsport. That's who I bought my EVT 4000 from, back in 2003. EVTA claims they were importing Taiwan EVT scooters before Electric Motorsport, but I don't know that for sure. The Taiwan EVT scooters were pretty good quality. However at some point Taiwan EVT decided to set up their own distributor in the US and cut off both EVTA and Electric Motorsport.

Randy W

Hi David,
This is good to know; that EVTA is aware of the need. My love affair with EVT ended about the same time the brushed hub motor shorted-out. Brushless rules! Loving my Zapinos.
Cheers,
Randy

Randy W
Santa Rosa, CA
2 ZAP! Zapinos

PJD
PJD's picture

MERollier,

Larger highway-performance maxi scooters have their place, but all e-scooters don't need to keep up with the traffic on the autobahn. Small e-scooters with a maximum speed of 45-60 kph are fine for a lot of urban environments - especially where such limited-speed scooters need no insurance, license plate, or even a driver's license. The streets of Toronto are full of such low-speed scooters being ridden by students and young workers - but I've yet to see any maxi-size e-scooters there. For the price of one of them - plus the registration, fees and insurance, one can just get a couple years worth of TTC public transit passes.

MEroller
MEroller's picture

@PJD: A "proper" 45km/h (should be at least 50km/h for safety on city streets hereabouts) electric scooter should have a motor rated at around 3000W, not 1500, else even smaller hills can become a challenge, and the EV-grin will have consderable trouble developing into full blossom :-) 4000W is a treat and the legal power limit for electric 45km/h scooters in the EU.

When just whizzing around a flat town and without a passenger 1500W can be adequate, but for anything else 2000 to 3000W is much more suitable.

I was not thinking about highway or Autobahn riding, that is truly a different ball game ;-)

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

zardeenah

Late to the party, so I hope I get a reply... I really want an Italian style electric scooter that can carry 2. Has anybody tried the new EVT? Would trying one be a tragic mistake? Are there any other options from companies that are still in business and sell to the USA? Thanks!

PJD
PJD's picture

Right now, for electric scooters in the USA, Govecs is probably the only one available in the US with any quality at all. Go here:

http://www.electricavenuescooters.com/

LeftieBiker

MERoller, while I agree with you on the power requirements for hubmotor type scooters, my old Oxygen Lepton did quite well with just 1.8kw because it was a geared motor setup. If they had given it a two or three speed geared transmission it would have accelerated smartly (in Sprint Mode) to 28MPH, then right on up to 45 or so, with the right High gear. Damn, I wish I'd kept that scooter and sold the XM3000...and the ZEV.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage