Request for help to VectrixOfficial

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
R
R's picture
Request for help to VectrixOfficial

Dear VectrixOfficial,

Thank you for staying in contact with Vectrix's costumers via this Visforvoltage Forum. I really appreciate your effort.

As long as Yamaha, Kymco, Honda don't launch their electric scooters, Vectrix has a brief frame time to succeed. The Vt-1 may look odd to American market, but it is perfect match to Europe. I sincerely desire Vectrix the best.

With vectrix focusing on the launch of the new VT-1, I guess that the production of the old Vx-1 will be permanently abandoned.
As many costumers outlined in this forum, we love our Vx-1s. No matter all the problems we face, we try to keep them alive as long as we can.

We need one special favor from Vectrix, a very easy, simple one: A Motor-controller Firmware MC1014b with the lower voltage limit raised from 102v to 119v (40-42 li cell configuration). It is just one single change in the hex code (well.. raised top speed limit would be also be very welcome), but will help us a lot.

Best Regards
R

R
R's picture
Re: Request for help to VectrixOfficial

I've just read from one VectrixOfficial post:

The VX-1 will not have exchangeable but we are planning some other upgrades to the VX-1 next year as a "refresh" and it will 100% stay in the product line.

Nice!

Meridiaan
Meridiaan's picture

I've just read from one VectrixOfficial post:

The VX-1 will not have exchangeable but we are planning some other upgrades to the VX-1 next year as a "refresh" and it will 100% stay in the product line.

Nice!

It would be nice if Vectrix will refresh the batteries from Li 30Ah to Li++ 72Ah.:)

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

Dear VectrixOfficial,

I own a VX1 since December 2009 and it now has 43000km on the odo and I still use it daily. It still has the original batteries but I fear that they will not last much longer. I managed to squeeze this many kilometres out of the original battery thanks to the amazing software of The Laird which I installed right after the warranty expired.

There is no dealer or importer for the Netherlands anymore and I cannot get the parts I need for regular maintenance.
Now I have two questions:

1) Can you provide insight on the status for the Netherlands?
2) Do you need pilot customers for the new battery replacement for the VX1? If so I want to volunteer, I have a CANBUS cable and can provide daily ride logs. The wet Dutch climate is the ultimate proving ground for waterproofing.

Many thanks

Regards,
Mico

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

ofx210p

VectrixOfficial

I am in New Zealand, in precisely the same scenario as KingCharles.

Long distance machine (32,000 km) Nimh cells.
I have a canbus cable and a combination of two seasons - 6 months wet weather, 6 months of sun !
There are NO distributors this side of the planet at all !

Happy to help with any product testing !

Oh and I work for a Harley-Davidson dealership and have access to a dyno !

Cheers

Chris

CHL lithium battery
CHL lithium battery's picture

42 cell of 50AH CHL battery is long enough range on Vectrix ,see http://chl-battery.en.alibaba.com/

R
R's picture

About:

We need one special favor from Vectrix, a very easy, simple one: A Motor-controller Firmware MC1014b with the lower voltage limit raised from 102v to 119v (40-42 li cell configuration). It is just one single change in the hex code (well.. raised top speed limit would be also be very welcome), but will help us a lot.

Vectrix is building new firms for their official Li vectrix (hope they finally achieve a reliable battery configuration), but the early, enthusiastic adopters are abandoned.
So far, no news.

Kocho

Vectrix is building new firms for their official Li vectrix (hope they finally achieve a reliable battery configuration), but the early, enthusiastic adopters are abandoned.
So far, no news.

I'm confused - didn't Vectrix just close shop? What "firms" and what "building" are you referring to?

R
R's picture

To my knowledge, Only Vectrix USA is closed, Vectrix Europe is on Bussiness.
I,m sure somebody can throw some light to the present situation of Vectrix.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage