Converting VX to lithium still a good idea?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
elevatorguy
elevatorguy's picture
Converting VX to lithium still a good idea?

I have a few VX that haven't sold, the range is down on both due to battery issues. I recently found a deal on some TS 40 cells and have some voltblocher shunts.
Is it a wise move to spend the time to convert to ride or sell? or is it beating a dead horse?

martinwinlow
Re: Converting VX to lithium still a good idea?

Good question. I suppose it'll depend on whether V is revived (again) or not as the main issue is going to be getting spares. It'll be a few months before we know one way or the other. I'm halfway through doing my Li conversion. I have already got a Runke charger and the controller (recently inspected) shows no sign of the terminal connection heating issues that appear to be the main cause of failure. Besides, the electrics can almost always be repaired and the failure modes are del documented - a good EE should be able to sort things out. But as for gearboxes etc? What is the likelihood of being able to source parts for that if V is gone for good? It is all such a shame.

Regards, Martin Winlow
Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
evalbum.com/2092

elevatorguy
elevatorguy's picture
Re: Converting VX to lithium still a good idea?

The parts issue was the reason I bought the second bike that wasn't running originally. I bought both basically brand new (less than 50 miles) as a package deal. I thought I could use the second bike for parts post conversion if needed.
I question if the bike will outlast the new batteries I want to install.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage