Brake pad repair?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joshteacher
Joshteacher's picture
Brake pad repair?

I found a video on YouTube showing how to change the front brake pads. I understand the VX-1 has a different type of pad, but is this basically the same procedure?

Seiermann
Re: Brake pad repair?

Hello Joshteacher,
basically it´s the same procedure but you needn´t to dissasemble the brake cylinder cause it´s all encapsulated. The Brembos are the best motorbike brakes and aren´t so scrappy as the brake in the youtubevideo.
You only have to buy the right brakepads (f.e. EBC SFA 181HH), unscrew the two bolts, remove the old brakepads by extracting the two little clamps and the holding-bolt, clean the brakecylinder from debris, put a little brake fat (copperpaste) to the round zylinder ends, the guidance position of the brakepads and the holding-bolt and reassemble all. Don´t forget to do loctite to the end of the two brake bolts and tighten them with appr. 20-25Nm.
But don´t bend the brake conduit too much and examine the brake of brake fluid loss... I did this work a few days ago in 20 Min. for both brakes...
Greets and good luck for this work
Seiermann

Archi13
Archi13's picture
Re: Brake pad repair?

Hello,
For the good brake pads you can buy in a Yamaha garage, they are the same on a Majesty scooter.

Archi13

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage