Take my Vectrix--please!

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
azvectrix
Take my Vectrix--please!

I've decided I'm getting out of the Vectrix game--better late than never. I have a 2007 VX-1 that's been upgraded to Li+ by Vectrix USA. The cells, however, are now completely dead as far as I can tell.

If someone sends a truck to my door in Tucson, Arizona, they can take the Vectrix for free. If anyone wants parts, I can pull and ship them for a nominal fee.

Thanks,
Ron

PJD
PJD's picture
Re: Take my Vectrix--please!

Did you actually check cell voltages to verify that they are dead?

I live I Pennsylvania, but if I could get the time off I'd rent a van and take up your offer...

JimmyB

This sounds almost too tempting ... you have PM.

dexion

I'm in phx I'll come get it left you a pm.

R
R's picture

The Vectrix game with late units is always about the battery. With old units MC, ICM, BC... It is a pity you step down, but I understand you, azvectrix.

azvectrix

My Vectrix now resides up the highway in Scottsdale, Arizona, where its new owner will hopefully get it back on the road. I thank everyone for their advice over the years.

R
R's picture

It is been a great pleasure sharing this forum with you.
good luck!

Mik
Mik's picture

Thank you, AZVectrix.

I'm still working on the batteries you donated to me years ago, will soon have a really nice NiMH battery.

I often wonder if I should not follow the same approach as you and get rid of the darned thing.

"It's a fine line between pleasure and pain..."

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Infinite

I don't have permission to make new posts, but if anyone is interested in picking up a Vectrix in Seattle next to nothing please contact me. I am not interested in parting out the bike.
hays(dot)clark(at)gmail(dot)com

My Vectrix was running until this season. It's possible the voltage dropped bellow 100 volts just recently and that is why it's not charging. The battery capacity has not been that great for a couple years, but aside from the range the bike is in great condition.

-Hays

dcs01

I have two VX-1's available for sale, cheap. Both are 2007 models. One has the original NMHi pack and is still running, but with minimal range.
The other has the Li+ upgrade, but the battery bricked out when Vectrix was late with a replacement controller. The new controller is in, but the batteries are dead.
The NMHi version is in San Francisco, The Li+ version is in Thousand Oaks, CA (southern California). Both are in good condition, other than the batteries.
Make an offer, arrange pick up and they are yours.

forestkindred

I have an 07 vectrix vx-1 dark blue. no battery, no charger, semi basket case. looking to off load it.
need cash to fix other projects, and I am no electrical engineer.
somebody please make an offer, its in salt lake city, utah.
No parts. not sure if you told me, and showed a picture, that I would send the right part.

CHOP WARNING: if nobody makes a reasonable offer I will convert it to GAS!!!
plasma cutter currently on hold.... for now....

Jason

forestkindred

I have an 07 vectrix vx-1 dark blue. no battery, no charger, semi basket case. looking to off load it.
need cash to fix other projects, and I am no electrical engineer.
somebody please make an offer, its in salt lake city, utah.
No parts. not sure if you told me, and showed a picture, that I would send the right part.

CHOP WARNING: if nobody makes a reasonable offer I will convert it to GAS!!!
plasma cutter currently on hold.... for now....

Jason

rmarks
rmarks's picture

I have a 2007 VX-1 in the same situation. I would love to get some money out of it either by selling the whole bike or parting it out. If anyone is interested I am in Greenville, SC. Shoot me an email and maybe we can work something out.

Rob

marksofgod(at)charter(dot)net

rmarks
rmarks's picture

I have a 2007 VX-1 in the same situation. I would love to get some money out of it either by selling the whole bike or parting it out. If anyone is interested I am in Greenville, SC. Shoot me an email and maybe we can work something out.

Rob

marksofgod(at)charter(dot)net

israndy
israndy's picture

What a great game, let's all post double!

If anyone has a complete vectrix on the WEST coast I am interested and have the RV to take it off your hands...

-Randy

JimmyB

What a great game, let's all post double!

If anyone has a complete vectrix on the WEST coast I am interested and have the RV to take it off your hands...

-Randy

Likewise if one comes up on the east coast - I'd quite like to try my hand at a Leaf conversion next.

rmarks
rmarks's picture

Sorry about the double post. I am not how that happened. My internet connection is not always great so I think I posted it again thinking it hadn't gone through. My mistake.

forestkindred

new to forum, apologies. the page that comes up after a post made me think it didnt get posted.
tearing the motor out today... starting to look at how I will fit a 250cc gas motor into my vectrix.
it will be reliable if nothing else....
wonder what the metals are worth at the scrap yard...

DanDiego
DanDiego's picture

I have a silver VX-1 in perfect condition, NiMh pack with limited range and The Laird firmware installed. Would like to get a few bucks out of it. I'm in San Diego. Dan 858-546-0707.

DanDiego

cevone

Hello All

Any off loading their vectrix n the NY, NJ area? I will wait until the price of lithium go down....by the way recently saw a li+ go for 2600 on ebay...

cevone
looking for a vectrix vx-1

Looking for a vx-1 in the ny-nj area if anyone is parting....

Wanica

Hello Vectrix owners,

I am building a electro powerboat that has to run on solarpanels only, a 45 ft(13.50) trimaran to have space for all the solarcells to be specific. It gets 5-6 Kw total free power.

It's all low budget, the supplier of the okume wood had some panels beauty problems. The carbon and glasfiber comes from leftovers found on Ebay. The solarcells, electronics, RVS 316 stuff, you name it, fraction of the retail prices.

Still it has cost lots of money, and I should have bought a retired alumiunium coastguard boat, or something like that. What I have seen for sale, and had to let go because of my project, man oh man. Why did I want to do this.

Anyway, I am building for 2 years now, and made big 600 liter gastanks in the sandwichbottom for Volvo Penta -likes it by the gallon- and what else, I got interested in alternative forms of energy for propulsion after that.

Than I see you people go fast on efficient electromotors, and too bad, you seem to have gotten too early in the game.

EV is going to skyrocket, like personal computers did in 1998-1999, every company that does not realize this in 2014 will miss the boat for long time. USA is ahead, but carmaker Germany is awake.
Robottech is here to stay, and in time will all be plug and play.

The Vectrix may be crappy controller/software but the 125V motor is not.
I really like 3 of these motors for the propulsion of my boat, but there is no affordable 125 volt controller on the market. (3 phase DC with A,B,I and Hall encoder connection)

All these cheap China scootercontroller won't work, you need controller for robot engineering, or EV. The first are not powerfull enough, the second overpowered/overpriced. In time there will be more choices, I guess.

If somebody has a Vectrix VX-1, and he was going to bring it to the scrapyard because of dead battery, or mechanical problems. Please consider, the Elektrocraft motor could still go 4 times around world. Donate the intact electronics, motor, and not so dead battery to me. It does not have to be free, we can talk.

I will arrange pickup by a carrier in the US, when can be done at resonable costs (Miami port, ocean shipped) or in Europe anywhere I can also arrange carrier pickup for transport to the NL.

You will get honourfull mention in the ships logbook on page 1, that does not have a name yet.

You can contact me @ jhns hush.com

Kocho
Re: looking for a vectrix vx-1

Looking for a vx-1 in the ny-nj area if anyone is parting....

Are you interested in the battery only? I have one in MD 20814, came off my Li conversion. It is in fairly good shape, used to give me 20+ miles of mixed riding and no bad cells just a few months ago and has been sitting unused since (charged well enough as it is to just plug and go). If you pick it up from me - it will be $200 for the full pack (less temp sensors - you can reuse yours). I may be able to deliver it to you in NJ next Tuesday or possibly after Thanksgiving if my planned trips materialize and you are not too far out of my way. PM/email me if interested. I also have some spare cells that I can mail you as individual cells or in the 8-pack formation as they are in the front half of the battery: these I can send to you for free plus actual shipping costs. I got 5 groups of 8 cells plus about half a dozen individual cells, plus the plastic bozes and rods they get mounted in.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage