Body repair options?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
hempev
Body repair options?

Getting underneath my Vectrix today, I not only noticed my tires are dangerously worn (replacements now ordered online), but that a piece of bodywork has been broken off down low. Has anyone got any ideas how to either get a replacement part or repair the ABS, such as with some kind of epoxy or other auto body material?

Chuckory
Re: Body repair options?

There is this new product 100× stronger then duck tape long as it's out of sight it should function to do its job I.e help the integrity of the peace It was featured on shark tank show and can be bought at lowels for under 5 bucks

hempev

Interesting stuff for some other project, but it needs to be wrapped and... "touch itself".

Chuckory

From what I understand this stuff can be wrapped and hardens as hard as metal

LeftieBiker

Materials used to repair fiberglass and metal on cars will work with most platics, although I can't say with 100% certainty that the Vectrix's bodywork is included. Working with fiberglass and "bondo" requires skill, though, so you might want to hire a bodyman to do the work.

JimmyB

Have you got a picture of the damaged part? There are a few crashed / damaged / dead VX-1s out there that folk have parted out, so you might get lucky.

hempev

If you ever drop a Vectrix, you'll know the part - the body panel below the footrests. Besides this shattered part, there are scapes to the front and back on that right side, hence the need for a paint match.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage