MC substitute?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
hempev
MC substitute?

I am attempting to buy a Vectrix with a (supposedly) dead controller and was wondering, if it does turn out to be defunct, what would happen if I wasn't using the OEM part. Assuming a PMAC/BLDC motor controller such as a Kelly KHB14201 would work, I would need the charger to run without any input from the controller, a replacement for the power meter (LinkLITE or CycleAnalyst), and a speedo/odo (bicycle version or a GPS powered by the key).

Is the original MC for sale anywhere, or can a dead one be sent somewhere for repairs?

hempev
Re: MC substitute?

And while we're at it, how high would the charger (actually, both kinds) go with no other input but the pack and AC? It would be nice, for this scenario at least, if it topped out at 168V.

elevatorguy
elevatorguy's picture

I don't think there are any controllers that will work in the VX, although I could be wrong. Most of the controllers are repairable as there are some common failures, small PCB fuses and the main fuse. I believe there will be some parts floating around due to the close of vectrix operations. I have seen many bikes up for sale and after the auction I expect to see parts in the used market.

antiscab

I can repair dead MC's, depending upon how dead it is

I may have a repaired one on hand if your's isn't fixable

as for using another controller - if the replacement doesn't do field weakening you will need 200V to do 100kmh

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

hempev

Looks like the MC is close to normal, other than tracking down the cut out on acceleration. I have the original board that got replaced - I have yet to open the guts of the bike, but if I wanted to see if it, too, could be reprogrammed, is that the only way?

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage