Funky because of Runke

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
hempev
Funky because of Runke

I have 2 2007 Vectrix, one with the original charger and one with a Runke. The latter was working fine, but the former was buggy. I got the hex files from The Laird and got the original version working again, but when I was checking on the one with the Runke, I must have put in the files in the wrong order or put in the wrong hex file: the scooter acts like it is charging when you turn it on, and acts like it is ready to run when you plug it in!

ICMR1008.hex for the ICM loaded fine, MC1017-68mph.hex for the MC loaded fine, but none of the charger hexes load beyond a message about not getting the "DM15 command from Access address: 0x2000"

Any idea what I should do next?

hempev
Re: Funky because of Runke

Did a search through the old posts about the DM15 message, but they refer to people changing out hardware - my issue may have happened due to hex files loaded in the wrong order, or something along those lines, and the fact that it has a Runke charger, which cannot use most of the charger files. Any idea of what to do next would be appreciated.

antiscab

None of The Laird's firmware versions are compatible with the Runke charger

PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the nimh version of firmware for the Runke

If you are very lucky, you may be able to flash a compatible firmware revision onto the Runke

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Archi13
Archi13's picture

Hello Hempev,
I had the same problem With my Runke and the BC_3004.hex file, DM15 on the Address:0x2000
I resolved the problem by loading the BC_3005.hex and now the charge work fine.

I send you by PM.

israndy
israndy's picture

We sure have a LOT of hex files floating around the Vectrix world. I wonder if there isn't a way to store them all here, in a message or something, so that everyone who needs a file can be sure to have access.

But when you install hex files you need the $200+ CanBus adapter and a PC right? Neither do I have so I am not upgrading, or sidegrading.

-Randy

hempev

Success! I got the DM15 message again with the new hex file, but realized my scooter has things backwards (turns on charging when the key is on, gets ready for both brakes to be pulled when plugged in), so it needed both the key on *and* the charger plugged in to accept programming. A full recharge and it seems to be running well, and the new charger file has got the pack fans on even with the key out, so it is taking better care of thermal issues. Thanks to all for the help.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage