Vectrix VX-2 docs and questions

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
ookba
Vectrix VX-2 docs and questions

Hey all. Got a lightly used VX-2 today! Awesome bike so far. I know it's rated for 30mph max but I was hitting almost 40 easily today. Also, anyone know where I can get a PDF of the VX-2 owners manual? I searched but I cannot find one. Also, I had an Error 1 message that I cleared using the clear method (key off, kill switch off, key on with left brake applied). Lastly, my horn switch and right signal switch doesn't work (doesn't blink in the dash or signal lights). Any ideas? Maybe the switch itself? Horn works because it beeped when I left the left turn signal on too long earlier. Thanks in advance!

ookba
Re: Vectrix VX-2 docs and questions

Update: So I fixed the flasher and horn. The previous owner cut the wires at the MCU for some reason!? There were also 2 wires cut at the harness the comes from the gauge cluster (speedo). I assume that's why I was getting a Error 1. Any idea why someone would cut those wires deliberately? Going to take a test spin and see how it all works now. I ordered a cree H4 Hi/Low beam LED bulb for the headlight. Should be here Saturday! This VX-2 has E-MAX batteries! I guess the VX-2 really is a E-MAX 110S.

20140703_165140.jpg
20140629_180801.jpg
20140630_232249.jpg

HPC Revolution - Insane mode
Vectrix VX-2 #2 - Work in progress
72V 54MPH 2008 Zoomin' Zapino - Sold
48V 40MPH 2011 Vectrix VX-2 flyin' - Sold

X Vectrix

Thats one of the first VX2s. The controller (ICM) was incorrectly mounted down on the frame by the Chinese manufacturer requiring an extra 2 miles of wiring which caused some noise issues, especially with the throttle signal. It was supposed to be mounted up on the handlebar as the newer ones are.
The wires were cut b/c they were not supposed to be populated in those positions.
I cant tell from the picture but does the 6 pin harness go up the left side or right side? They had to be moved to the right side to get the throttle to work better.

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

If you haven't already, take a look over on Vectrix Scooter Scene website. There's a VX-2 service manual available (once you register).

Not quite a user manual as such, but may prove useful at some point.

ookba

Thats one of the first VX2s. The controller (ICM) was incorrectly mounted down on the frame by the Chinese manufacturer requiring an extra 2 miles of wiring which caused some noise issues, especially with the throttle signal. It was supposed to be mounted up on the handlebar as the newer ones are.
The wires were cut b/c they were not supposed to be populated in those positions.
I cant tell from the picture but does the 6 pin harness go up the left side or right side? They had to be moved to the right side to get the throttle to work better.

Thanks. Looks like it does go up the right side, I'll double check next time I open it up. No throttle issues other slight misalignment. When it's at neutral position, it thinks it's slightly on throttle. I'll see if I can adjust it using that service manual. I don't have a CAN adapter so I can't log on to it. The cut wires on the left harness were for right turn signal and horn. Once I reconnected them, they started working. The other 2 wires on harness 2 that I reconnected, one was for the brake light during regen, other is unknown so far. No idea why they were cut and taped up. I had a weird creeking noise coming from the motor area while accelerating after regen that I seemed to minimize by tightening the motor nuts. I can still see the nut and shaft moving a tad when switching from reverse to forward (or regen to accell) at low speed, is this normal? Also, any way to increase the speed to the highest available? It seems to top out around 39mph no matter what I am doing, even down hill. From what I've read, there's a Sevcon Gen 4 in here? I also read that there is a setting or firmware update that will allow the controller to push it up to 75km/hr (46 mph). Wonder how I can achieve this? THanks for all of your insight and thanks for the post about the service manual.

RobertGrant0608

Hey everybody, Ive had my Vectrix VX-2 for a couple months now and 3 of the 4 batteries are half dead. Im only getting 15 or so miles a charge from it now.I was thining of upgrading to lithium, has anyone converted their VX-2 to lithium and knows type of and suppliers for the batteries, charger, and source for the reprogrammed controller if its needed.

MEroller
MEroller's picture

Why not individually top up the three weak batteries with a battery charger before you think about throwing them out?

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

photon0

Dear

That's very wonderful firmware!
Desperately needed.

Thank you.

Stephen Shepard
Stephen Shepard's picture

I have a 2014 VX2. I also have the availability of a 2014 VX1 motor. Can the VX2 be fitted to run the VX1 motor?

Also, I've noticed that after constant use through the winter, difficulty in engaging the motor and it occasionally cuts out on me, while stopped, (much to the shagrin of following motorists). Any suggestions?

Anttimm

Did you ever find a manual? I'm having some issues also.
I turn the key on and the lights come on but only for about one second and then the controller indicator light under the seat flashes in bursts of 6. See the Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15B0_g_xGpw

Jim Lowder

I have vx2 service manual if u want

Jim Lowder

Here is a link to my Dropbox to get the zx2 service manualhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/2je4aia5jmw9btw/AAB0TiiAz8RTD4VegiMdYbhAa?dl=0

Antony Timmerman
Antony Timmerman's picture

Awesome! thank you sooooo much. Have you ever used a Can USB converter on yours. If yes, is it something a rookie could do?

Jim Lowder
Jim Lowder

I just did last week and I am a rookie. Just do your homework and study any docs and instructions you can

Jim Lowder

image.png
Different layout if u rather

ookba

Hey all! I'm back! Got another VX-2 last night with dead batts. First thing I did is try charging them individually to see if I can revive them. They were all down to around 6.3V. Did some digging online and found that some people were successful reviving silicone batteries by topping them off with distilled water and recharging them. Doesn't look like this is the case. I managed to get one up to 8.3V after 4 hours of charging at 2A but it doesn't look good. Also, the internal resistance of the batteries is near infinite so I think they're gonners. So I yanked them... HOLY WOW! They are around 52lb each!! Minus 208 lbs later, all 4 out the bike is SO light! I think I may have to get some custom Li 18650 packs built and drop them in. I wonder what the max voltage the Sevcon can handle? Looks like it will spit out an alarm over 63V but will it actually run with higher voltage? Maybe 72V? I'd like to get that thing moving upwards to 55-60mph if possible. How about swapping the controller with a VX-1 controller or other? Might be easy since the motor is a typical 3-phase brushless (3 phase wires and 5 hall sensor wires). Or reprogramming the existing Sevcon? The next question is how much voltage will that motor handle without sacrificing efficiency and reliability. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

//lh6.googleusercontent.com/--akgJX5Kkug/VgcmzIsDLwI/AAAAAAAG0w4/BhnenayodPk/w474-h843-no/20150926_161404.jpg)

ookba

Did you ever find a manual? I'm having some issues also.
I turn the key on and the lights come on but only for about one second and then the controller indicator light under the seat flashes in bursts of 6. See the Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15B0_g_xGpw

6 flashes means the kickstand is out. But that doesn't make sense that's it's turning off. I would check each battery individually with a voltmeter then try connecting an external 36-48V power source then turn the bike on and see if it does the same thing. My guess is that you have one or two bad batteries dropping voltage below the controller voltage cutoff threshold when you power on.

ookba

Awesome! thank you sooooo much. Have you ever used a Can USB converter on yours. If yes, is it something a rookie could do?

Not the easiest task you could do but good reading here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36146

Ericcs
Ericcs's picture
Re: Vectrix VX-2 starting process didn´t work properly !?

Hi there, I have problems with the left/right handlebar starting procedure on my Vectrix VX-2. Sometimes it needs 5 to 8 attempts with rolling the Vectrix forward and backward while doing the starting procedure with the brakes, untill the blinkers flashes and the Vectrix was ready to go...!? Do you have an idea what the problem for this could be? Where can I have a closer look at? What happens when the brakes left/right procedure was done? Do some kind of contacts pressed together to start.. I am not very in to it, but maybe someone out there has an idea where to look for this problem..

Thanks and best regards from Berlin,
Erik

Driving Electric...It puts a smile on your face!

Hall9000

Yes , is the brake sensor.Very easy affordable diy repair.The same problem on my vx-1

Ericcs
Ericcs's picture

Thanks for your answer..Where do I get a VX-2 brake sensor? In another forum they say the contacts should be sprayed with WD40 to get the function back..Maybe that works too..

Driving Electric...It puts a smile on your face!

Hall9000

http://shop.vectrixparts.com/brake-sensor.html

if it's the same like in the vectrix vx-1 , then this is your spare.

israndy
israndy's picture

I just went to a bike shop, they went thru all their spare parts brake switches and found one that was the same size and thread. It's Red, so unique, but works perfect. They charged me $5 to get me the part.

-Randy

ki6eph
ki6eph's picture

Hi all. I've been scouring the net for information but coming up short. I have a PEAK usb canbus adapter and have been trying to find the firmware files to update my VX-2 to 45 km/hr. If anyone has any suggestions on where to look it would be most appreciated!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage