Finally got my Twizy

5 replies [Last post]
Johnny J
Johnny J's picture

Very long delivery time, more than 4 months.
Had it for a week now and I love it!
http://postimg.org/image/3z4bpe2nj/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
LeftieBiker
Re: Finally got my Twizy

Interesting vehicle. I've seen pictures of them before, but thought, until I just looked them up, that they were Chinese. In fact your car is a cousin to my Leaf! I'm sure others would like to hear more about ti from you, but find this site too hard to use.

Johnny J
Johnny J's picture

Leftie, I got an e-mail regarding a message through "the contact form", but this site is crap and I was forbidden to access it.
Send me an e-mail instead: johnny at e-motor.se

Johnny J
Johnny J's picture

Anyone with a Twizy, buy the OVMS.
Recently raised the top speed to 100km/h by sending a SMS to the car. Really amazing.

MEroller
MEroller's picture

Wow, that is quite a feat, just with the OVMS and your cell phone? Meaning Twizy too has a diagnostic port! Even though it is just a quad.
That OVMS has really come a long way since its inception, which I think goes back to the Tesla Roadster?

My rides:
QvR vR one: a Swiss package of pure understatement - innocent and to some eyes (from some angles) exceedingly ugly looks, but with raw and hardly containable electron power up to real 95 to 100km/h! And a literally rock-hard suspension due to a carrying capacity of twice it's unladen weight... Now converted to more controllable and efficient brushless motor and vector-contoller.

E-Sprit Fury (basis is the Erider Thunder 5000) since May 03, 2011. Highly moded - but now in active retirement

Johnny J
Johnny J's picture

Yeah, connects via the OBD connector.
Besides the app, which tells you where the "car" is located and charging status, temperatures etc. you can get lots and lots of info through SMS communication with the OVMS module.
F.ex. battery temperatures, cell module voltages, voltage/temperature deviations, used energy for your last trip etc. etc., it's really a great deal for only like USD130,00 totally.
And by sending "cfg"-commands via SMS you can change the settings of the Sevcon and alter top speed, motor power and regeneration through available macros or tweak it yourself.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Who's new

• Chrisco1982
  • Ivan Duvent
  • michealmottiff
  • BettyPRedden
  • erik550c

Customize This