Regenerative braking / charging

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spaceangel
Regenerative braking / charging

I was wondering what the little green button is for on V - Moto, eMax, maybe VX-2 scooter. Behind the front left lever near brake lever is a tiny green button when pressed is shows a charging process and voltage goes upto 50 or more volts but no decrease in speed going down hill. My VX-1 going down a steep hill will try to stop the bike and allow recharge of pack I suppose. But there appears to be no braking just a small amount of voltage increase. I got one of the last V Moto scooter from Ohio and the over all quality is there, or seem to be there but I am concerned about the lack of braking via regen??? The way I figure, if you take a forward motion and run it into a generator into battery pack then it should take away some forward momentum power and slow down vehicle.
Is there a way to increase charge power and slow vehicle down rather than wear out brake pads. I see the words or letters V Moto and eMax and the scooter looks like VX-2. Very nice quality but slow compared to 125 volt VX-1 The handle bars look like Vectrix and styling looks a bit like it. Brakes are terrific. Oh if I squeeze the brakes and give it throttle, the scooter goes forward. I think that is sort of unsafe. A friend was chatting with me while I was on scooter squeezing front left lever brake and he twisted throttle and I was launched. I was shocked the controller allowed me to move while brake light was on and light pressure was keeping me stopped but not totally locked.
I am trying to rack up the miles in order to test battery pack, odometer readings and ride period. Even though it is a small scoot, I sure would like reverse and bigger regen.

antiscab
Re: Regenerative braking / charging

I got one of the last V Moto scooter from Ohio and the over all quality is there, or seem to be there but I am concerned about the lack of braking via regen??? The way I figure, if you take a forward motion and run it into a generator into battery pack then it should take away some forward momentum power and slow down vehicle.

The Emax/Vmoto doesn't have regen - the VX-2 does
the latest version with the sevcon controller may have regen, or you may be able to enable it

Oh if I squeeze the brakes and give it throttle, the scooter goes forward. I think that is sort of unsafe. A friend was chatting with me while I was on scooter squeezing front left lever brake and he twisted throttle and I was launched. I was shocked the controller allowed me to move while brake light was on and light pressure was keeping me stopped but not totally locked.

That's the difference between a scooter intended for inexperienced riders (who in most jurisdictions ride on a car licence) and a motor bike - a motorbike assumes you know what you are doing, so it will let you use both the friction brakes and accelerator at the same time.
A motorbike also won't limit your braking force, where as many scooters will

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage