pica14's picture
firmnwares?

Hello
Im hello
I'm new around here and the Vectrix
I have a Vectrix vx1 September 2010 I think NiMH or
How I can know if NiMH or lithium ?
the bike has no stickers
I 'm looking for firmnwares to update to the latest version of firmnwares , but can not find
Does anyone have them ? Connection and software Scooterdiag ?
my email
picavaradero [at] hotmail.com
Thanks and I hope to be around long

Heavendenied
Re: firmnwares?

First thing you need is the CAN Bus Adapter from Peak Systems. This is the only one that works. Costs about 250€. Then you need the Vectrix Diag Software which you can switch from NiMH to Li. Depending on which Version you have it will show you Data or not... You can get the Software and the Li Firmware here:
http://vectrixparts.com/service-materials
But be carefull not to use the Li Firmware on a NiMH version!!! Also you have to check which charger you have (ESD or Runke) and use the right version of charger firmware.
Maybe it's the best to just read a few hours or days here in the forum so that you can understand your Vectrix before you do anything wrong and make the Scooter unusable...

P.S:
Where are you from? Maybe there is anybody around who can help you...

pica14
pica14's picture

Bello
im from to Spain
My vectrix is ni-mh And it is septiembre 2010
Yes im have the can usb to peak but i dont have any software And firmnware

R
R's picture

Hello, I,m from barcelona. We have a group of whatssapp around here where over 20 people discuss about vectrix, we may help you. If you,re intetrsted send me a private message with your cell number

israndy
israndy's picture

Or we could share it on the group here somehow and then EVERYONE benefits.

Sorry, just chugging thru old threads that ended w/o people getting copies of the firmware to update their bikes.

-Randy

R
R's picture

Israndy, any Firmware you need for the Runke system you may ask Vectrixparts for the correct one. They're really helpful, many people in spain from the whasapp group is buying them replacements, and they had good service. they are willing to help with all doubts.

We've found the Runke charger is a nightmare with the firmwares, be careful. Every hardware version needs its specific firmware. On the other hand ESD system with the laird Firms is perfect, always running flawlessly.

If you are sticked with RUNKE charger, and its hardware is old, it may be a good idea to buy the last Runke EVPS childboard, to run the newest firmwares.

israndy
israndy's picture

I didn't read this carefully when you posted it, as I only had ESD chargers then. Now I have a Runke but not sure how I know if I need a childboard, nor what the latest firmwares is. I am currently only putting NiMH batts in, so seems like whatever firmware is most recent for the Runke (I have R8010-42) would be perfect, no?

-Randy

R
R's picture

Yes,
If I remember correctly, vx1 NIMH production was abandoned before the Runke was improved, these old EVPS boars may run latest firm for NIMh without issues.

israndy
israndy's picture

Damn, Now I have a Runke that won't work in the bike. Shame. Guess I'll wait until the current ones disappear from eBay... In the mean time I ordered a $150 ESD off eBay, hopefully it WILL work...

-Randy

JimmyB

If it's from the same people I got mine from, it will work but will need new firmware - mine came with some weird-ass firmware that gave me a constantly full fuel gauge and didn't seem to actually charge the bike. All fine now though.

R
R's picture

Damn, Now I have a Runke that won't work in the bike. Shame. Guess I'll wait until the current ones disappear from eBay... In the mean time I ordered a $150 ESD off eBay, hopefully it WILL work...

Just read your post now... I mean,
1- old evps MAY handle latest NIMH firmwares, but sure they won't work with newer lithium firmwares.
2- Your EVPS has lithium firm installed, so it is newer: It should tolerate the old NIMH firmware, but there's just one way to find out: Install latest firmwares for runke and NIMH, and see if it works...

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage