Request for a rear temp sensor board

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
bm3
Request for a rear temp sensor board

Hi

has anyone here, maybe from the people who converted already a VX-1 to Li a working rear temp sensor board for my VX-1 NiMH ? Its for the rear battery pack and you can send it to me ? Someone from Poland who deals with parts send me a board after I waited long but it is not working, it is definitly broken. I checked it today with a board from another VX.
The rear board has black wires. If you have one and can send it to Germany I would be glad if you could contact me via PM or Email.

many regards

Klaus

prensel
Re: Request for a rear temp sensor board

Hello Klaus,

I have already sent you an email but will provide an answer here also.

During the developement of my expansion box i have diagnosed the CAN traffic of the Vectrix in detail.
Those temp boards are just sending out continues values of 6 temp sensors, 1 ambient sensor and 1 calibration sensor.

I can simulate this CAN traffic from my expansion box using cheaper/universal 1Wire temp sensors 18DS20 to replace the original sensor boards.

===================================
My contribution to EV in The Netherlands
- Novox C20
- Vectrix VX-1 Li+ my2009 #2791
- Vectrix VX-1 Li my2011 #3228
- CityEl Fact4 / Mini El Cabrio
- Th!nk PIV4 A266
- Th!nk City A306
- Tesla Model3 AWD

BLUESTREAK

HI PRENSEL, IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE THE OLD NIMH HARNESS AND ADD THE NEW TEMP SENSORS TO IT AND USE IT ON THE NISSIAN LEAF CELLS.

Kocho

You can reuse the old boards and old sensors with the Leaf cells. With ScooterDiag you can still see the real temperature values even if you have a version of the charger software that ignores them.

I still have my boards and sensors off the bike and have not installed them on the Leaf cells - will probably do it one of these days so I can see if the battery warms-up or not with use. But maybe I'll just use a Bluetooth sensor or similar and use my phone instead.

hybride

When removing the TEMP PCB's, the ECD software get's confused. In my scoot with 19x Leaf i got wrong CC charge voltage. I theory the whole temperature control can be disabled in the software, but the whole program has to be rewritten then.

If Prensel can simulate canbus messages to set's all T's on, for example, 20 degrees, the ECD charging software should act normal without the PCB's. I have Prensel's magic box, so i could test it.

prensel

Check your email, I have altered the box firmware for those who dont want or need the default temp boards :-)

It now sents default temp values of 20 degrees, you can check it with scooterdiag.

Next version will also provide 1wire support for real temps for those who want that.

- Novox C20
- Th!nk PIV4 A266
- Th!nk City A306
- Tesla Model3 AWD

prensel

Bluestreak,

I have to look into that. The 1Wire sensors i'm talking about create their own network, not sure how the default Vectrix wiring is made.
The software in the expansion box is already modified for that :-)

- Novox C20
- Th!nk PIV4 A266
- Th!nk City A306
- Tesla Model3 AWD

BLUESTREAK

THANKA PRENSEL. I will wait for your temp system and not try to use the old NIMH sensors.

bm3

Well, its good to know that there ist now a way for us to replace both boards.Thanks to you Prensel !
Maybe with one central box and some extra wiring to minimum 1-4 sensors in the battery and the box is simulating the rest of sensors.
Would it be better to set the temp at the simulated sensors to the temp of the measuring sensors ?
Or an extra box as a replacement part for the origin sensorboards.
At the Vectrix boards are simple NTCs (or PTCs ?) connected as temp sensors.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage