Ex-UK Highways Agency VX-1 bikes (x2) on ebay

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Drew
Drew's picture
Ex-UK Highways Agency VX-1 bikes (x2) on ebay

In case these are of interest to anyone in the UK...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vectrix-electric-scooter-low-mileage-/252054035031?hash=item3aaf975a57

'Nee Nar! Nee Nar!'

Drew

brim2full (not verified)
Re: Ex-UK Highways Agency VX-1 bikes (x2) on ebay

Hi all,

I purchased one of these about 2 weeks ago. Rode it to work, a distance of 12 miles, then found I could not plug it in. Ended up pushing it home. Oh that colour scheme is embarrassing when you are pushing it. Can any one explain why other drivers still apparently don't see me :-(. Anyway I plan to ride it to work again this Friday. I have rigged up some armoured cable with an RCD and will dangle it out the 1st floor window. I expect I'll get the !*.£4Dy health and safety crap as usual (oops sorry ed. shouldn't swear).

At some point I'll swap out the current panels with carmmer colour scheme so if anyone in the UK wants to take pity on me and divest themselves of a set of plastics I could be in the market. Silver would be preferable but I'm not that fussy (not pink though - nothing against pink). I want to keep the current plastics.

By the way it doesn't go Nee Nar! Nee Nar! but all the lighting, signs work and the wiring is there for the radio.

Regards all
Philip

flexy

I bought the other one. It's in great condition, I rode it on the Nimh for a bit last summer but now have leaf cells to install. I've stripped the strobes, phone and dot matrix out of the bike (saves a fair bit of weight) I'll keep the colour scheme for now , it's hilarious to see how drivers react when they think your on a police bike then realise your not and speed off!

Drew
Drew's picture

Awesome that these machines are still in use - well done both for keeping them up and running. I wait with baited breath to hear how your Leaf conversion goes - something I would love to do to one of mine.

Good luck! Oh and go-on, fit a siren!! ;-)

Edit - that was weird - I have just noticed that these posts are from ages ago - yet I only just received a email notification regarding them! How very strange.

Drew

Drew

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage