Problems with the rotation of the wheel

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
yokneamcity
Problems with the rotation of the wheel

Hello everybody!
My friend had a problem with the rotation of the wheel. If I twist the throttle, the wheel makes a half turn forward, then half a turn back and everything is repeated.
Sometimes I just hear the fan from the controller and the wheel does not move.
On the dashboard, I do not get any error encoder messages .Sometimes on the dashboard lights up temperature symbol and battery symbol.
I opened the cover of the encoder and there was a bent disk.
I unplugged the connector of the encoder and still do not get any error messages. Why?
Where can I buy a new encoder and disc?

yokneamcity
Re: Problems with the rotation of the wheel
R
R's picture
Re: Problems with the rotation of the wheel

Don't try to get error messages, you won't gent them.
It Seems dust/calibration problem.

I suggest you open the small black sensor cap on the encoder board and clean the optical sensor with oxygen spray. Carefully check that the encoder disc is clean (be really careful, it is very fragile!!) and has no oil spilt on the surface, leaked from the gearbox. Check also the black rim seal of the encoder compartment, when it gets old, it starts throwing black dust onto the encoder system.
Also check the encoder wires are OK.

The lift up the rear wheel of the vectrix and invoke a SW calibration (trough scooterdiag or brake levers/buttons). If software calibration fails, You'll need to do hardware calibration.

Manual Hw calibration of the board is difficult, these tools, Encoder radial alignment and Encoder adjusting tool, are really handy to calibrate the encoder.

In my opinion, it is worth buying them. One tool gives correct depth of the encoder disc, the other the correct position of the board before tightening the screws.
Good luck.

Bikemad
Bikemad's picture
Re:Encoder circuit board and disc

Hello everybody!
Where can I buy a new encoder and disc?

The encoder should be available from Vectrixparts.com but it is not very clear as to whether it comes with the disc as well.
I suggest you send Piotr Stec an email (piotrstec [at] vectrixparts.com) and ask if the disc is included.

Alan

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage