Who is making quality electric Mopeds, these days?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Randy W
Who is making quality electric Mopeds, these days?

I'm still getting lots of compliments and questions about my Zapino, but do not know where to steer people who want to buy something similar; E-Fun, EVT, XM, etc. Who is still with us? Is anybody familiar with Genze 2.0, marketed by a shop in Portland, OR? Thanks for any answers.
Randy W
Santa Rosa

Mountain chen
Re: Who is making quality electric Mopeds, these days?

Efun is still there and works well ,come to my brother's company on www.efunev.com

Since 2015 China government give strong subsidy on E-bus and E-car, 400,000pcs of 4 wheels EV output greatly reduce the price of lithium battery in 2016,So that lithium scooters can take the advantage !

And the lithium price would keep droping in 2016,if buyers start with trial order now,you will get huge profits in 2017-2018 when lithium battery drop to bottom and big order come !

Mountain chen

Efun is still there and works well ,come to my brother's company on www.efunev.com

Since 2015 China government give strong subsidy on E-bus and E-car, 400,000pcs of 4 wheels EV output greatly reduce the price of lithium battery in 2016,So that lithium scooters can take the advantage !

And the lithium price would keep droping in 2016,if buyers start with trial order now,you will get huge profits in 2017-2018 when lithium battery drop to bottom and big order come !

Post scooter 8.jpg
Bosch motor 2.jpg
BOSCH MOTOR
smooth.jpgFOC controller
resistance.jpgTOP 3 battery in China with 78 billion RMB output in 2015

PJD
PJD's picture

I am encountering the same problem - but it is even worse for availability of full-performance larger scooters. I am increasingly getting inquiries (instead of derisive comments and thrown objects) about my almost 6 year-old no-longer-made Current Scooter but there are really no larger/faster electric scooters out there that I could confidently recommend. One that I would be recommend only with considerable hesitancy would be Zehrbach's ZEV - they are assembled only 70 miles away in Morgantown WV, so claims or repairs may be a little easier in my area.

It is nice to see Xiamen E-Fun still in business (Bosch Hub Motors?!) but until there are actual dealers in the USA, I can't recommend them either. Mr. Chen says that lithium cells are supposed to be getting cheaper but I'm not seeing any price breaks - the GBS cell pack in my large scooter will still cost about $2300 to replace - considerably more than the price of a gas version of the whole Chinese scooter.

I have been dabbling in electric scooters for more than 10 years now (my upgraded lithium 45-50 mph E-max Sport with 8-year old Winston cells is still running perfectly) and I have seen no progress, only decline in every category of electric 2-wheel availability.

Mountain chen

GBS is so small factory that they even didn't involved on huge business of Chinese E-bus and E-car,thus they didn't enjoy the advantage of government subsidy,the top 10 Chinese lithium supplies such as BYD and ATL annual output is GWH quantity basis .

Our new battery supplier last year output is 72 billion RMB,around 11 billion dollars.

See image of market share of Chinese lithium supplier. 574ec8bdaf9d2.png

scooterguy

Hi. I just ran across this post.I live in Portland and recently test drove the GenZe at their store. The quality seems good and the bike performed well for it's intended purpose. I didn't take a GPS but the claimed speed of 30 mph seemed honest. The bike is actually bigger and taller than I expected. It's not powerful and I didn't try it on any real hills but I could keep up with normal city traffic. The parent company Mahindra is large so there might be hope that they will continue building them but you know how that goes. Will anyone buy them ? All and all I thought it was a cool bike. One interesting feature is the removable lithium battery which has a built in charger so you can charge it anywhere. I own a lithium converted Vectrix with Chevy Volt cells and an EVT and have had lot's of Chinese electric scooters so have something to compare the GenZe to. Hope this helps.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage