G*damn Seat Bulge

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
MOSFETmeltdown
MOSFETmeltdown's picture
G*damn Seat Bulge

To my mind there are two things wrong with the Vectrix: 1. The brake levers are on the wrong sides and need swapping over. 2 the seat forces a cramped uncomfortable posture on the bike.
So, this morning I performed 'surgery' on the seat and removed the pad fitted to the rear seat. It is not easy to do, but possible.
Here is the 'seat bum-pad' removed and shown inverted. 4 large holes to sort and foam to remove too:
20170128_130156.jpg

Trimmed and plucked:
20170128_134928.jpg

Here I've stuck on a temporary patch (intend to recover the whole rear seat) :
20170128_190933.jpg

Those few inches are going to make a BIG difference

martinwinlow
Re: G*damn Seat Bulge

Hi,

Interesting. It's a bit difficult to see your mods in context. Can you do another photo showing the whole bike - ideally from a 3/4 side view, please?

I wish some art or engineering student, doing a degree thesis or something, would do a re-design of the seating/footrest panels to make the bike look more like a 'proper' motorcycle instead of the 'semi-step through scooter thing'. Maybe someone could 3D print the new panels. It might give the bike a new lease of life and provide room for more batteries, maybe...

MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
evalbum.com/2092

MOSFETmeltdown
MOSFETmeltdown's picture

Hi,

Interesting. It's a bit difficult to see your mods in context. Can you do another photo showing the whole bike - ideally from a 3/4 side view, please?

I wish some art or engineering student, doing a degree thesis or something, would do a re-design of the seating/footrest panels to make the bike look more like a 'proper' motorcycle instead of the 'semi-step through scooter thing'. Maybe someone could 3D print the new panels. It might give the bike a new lease of life and provide room for more batteries, maybe...

MW

Certainly Martin - I'll post something up tomorrow - though it isn't finished yet.
I rode it about 10 miles today - MUCH more pleasant to ride now.
I'd like to be able to get my feet under me a bit more too - like on a motorcycle - would help with the otherwise spine-jarring pot-holes.
I'me going to swap over the levers soon too.

MOSFETmeltdown
MOSFETmeltdown's picture

Struggling to post a pic - getting an error message.
I'll recover the rear seat at the weekend anyway.
I'll try again to post the pic I took yesterday...
seat1.jpg

LeftieBiker

Good idea! I've gotten used to the 'Barcolounger' riding position, but a more normal one would be welcome. If you finish it well, you might be getting requests to mod other seats.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage