Problems with faulty BMS

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Heavendenied
Problems with faulty BMS

Hi together.

A few weeks ago my Vectrix Li+ did show "LoCell" Warning when i treid to drive home from work with battery more then half full charged. So i charged it over night at work. The next morning it showed full battery but when i tried to drive it the LoCell Warning came up again. With Diag Soft it showed it is Cell 10 on Board 1. Two days before this happend i washed the vectrix so i tought it could be a humidity failure. Trying to charge the vectrix again ended after 1 Hour with full battery, but when i tried to drive it the LoCell came up again. So i left it without charging it till afternoon and organized a trailer to drive it home. But when i startet it at afternoon and looked at the voltages everything was OK...
For a few weeks it worked without problems, but today morning (i charged it over night) the failure was there again. Again cell 10 on Board 1 (showed about 3V).
So i disassembled the vectrix and messured the Cells. All were OK, but on the BMS in the Area where Cell 10 is connected there was something like oxidation on some parts (unfortunately i did not take a picture). I tried to clean it with a dry brush and than used special protective paint to seal it. Assembled the Vectrix again and started it. Now the Cell 10 shows 3.2V and every second jumps to 3.36V and back to 3.2V

Does anybody can help me how i may solve this ? (without buying a new BMS ;-) )

Here is a picture of the area i found some oxidation:
//fs5.directupload.net/images/170310/cm2bhfuo.jpg)

R
R's picture
Re: Problems with faulty BMS

I'm tired of telling people to seal correctly the front part...
Tell me, that damaged bms is placed on the front side?
Rain water reached that board...
You'll need to buy a new BMS board. Buy also the external box to protect them.

Heavendenied

Yes, it was in front part. Till today i tought the Battery Box is sealed so that no water can come in and in addition the BMS Boards itself are sealed with protective paint. Maybe there just was not enough of this paint...
I will get some used BMS Boards of my "old" Vectrix i've sold last year without batteries because the buyer bought a new BMS. Hopefully these boards are still OK. Does anybody know how i can configure the Boards to give them the number of the pack they are used on? With the normal Vectrix Diag i only can flash the frimware of all BMS boards but can't change the "position" of only one board. I think i'll need a PickIt Programmer but i think i will need a special firmware for each position?

R
R's picture

There are 2 ways to modify the board position.
the expensive one, jtag. The other one, you'll need to ask vectrixparts.The change of order is triggered by an easy sequence.

Heavendenied

Yesterday i tried to use the old BMS Boards i git from the buyer of my old vectrix. Unfurtunatly they did not work (tried Board 1 und 0). They got hot in the area of cells 0 to 4. Seems the Balancers started working altough they did not have to to that (cell voltages where OK and the package wasn't even connected to the CAN)...
So i decided to unsolder this 20 OHM resistor which i tought it is defective an change it. Back in the scooter the BMS works perfect!
Hopefully now i will have some kilometers with my vectrix without problems again...

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage