New vectrix owner, charger died....

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
simonjrwinter
New vectrix owner, charger died....

Hi all,
Last week I bought a 2010 vectrix with just 5,500 miles on it
I have been told to run and discharge it a few times to get the mileage up, as it had been unused for a while, but upon returning from my 4th trip, I waited about an hour then plugged it in and......nothing, no lights, no fans, nothing. The batteries read 127 vols at 15C, I'm presuming I've got a charger issue?
Bike still works and rides as normal (with a depleted battery though)
I've tried rebooting the (gold) charger, but still no luck., there's no external fuse on this one, and upon taking it apart I was unable to see any internal fuses nor are there any fuses inside.
I've read all the forum posts about dead chargers, but nothing seems to help.
I've been unable to find anyone here ( in the UK) who can repair the gold Runke charger and I have emailed a Vectrix spares in Poland but they have not replied so am. Ot sure if they are still in business.
I may be able to buy a second hand charger, but before I do,
Anybody repair these
Thanks ?
Simon

JasPik
Re: New vectrix owner, charger died....

Try to replug mains from charger to battery .
It will reset charger.
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/12339-reset-or-debug-procedure-reviving-dead-battery

Bikemad
Bikemad's picture

Was your last trip done in the rain?

I'm just wondering whether water may have found its way into one of the temperature sensor boards and cause the fault.

If this is the case, I would unplug both the front and rear temperature boards from the main harness and see if the charger shows any signs of life again.

I had to do this on my blue Vectrix to enable the ESD charger to communicate via the canbus and begin charging again.
I'm guessing that the Runke chargers may also be susceptible to the same problem.

If you have the CANBUS adapter and scooterdiagnostic software it might help to pinpoint the problem.

Mine showed that the charger and the temperature sensors were not communicating:

But the charger started communicating again and worked fine after disconnecting the faulty temperature sensor boards:

Although, I still had the flashing battery warning, with the charger communicating, I was finally able to install The Laird's firmware.

This was just over two years ago, and the charger is still working fine.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to install The Laird's charger firmware as it is only suitable for the silver ESD chargers.

But at least you would know that the problem was due to one (or both) of the temperature sensor boards if the charger worked again with the boards unplugged.

Alan

Vicens

Do you get an error message when connecting the charger?

Have you removed the key? Then plug the charging cable.

Have you removed the charging cable? Wait a few seconds to listen to the chic of the relay and plug it back in.

simonjrwinter

Thanks chaps, no, not ridden or stored in the rain at all.
Yes unplugged, reset the charger, removed the charger, put it back, nothing. Key in, key out no difference
Simon

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage