Vectrix does not charge / Runke/EVPS Charger repair

2 replies [Last post]
tt-tronix
tt-tronix's picture

Hello,

my NiMH-Vectrix does not charge anymore.

If I plug in, the display makes its self-test-sequence and turns off after that. After pulling the plug, a few seconds later the relay in the Runke Charger (HW 2.1) drops out and you can start this procedure again.

During the display self-test-sequence the charger appears in the tab with the Software revisions in Scooter-Diag. After that it disappears and is off. In this state you can switch the scooter into GO-mode!

I also noticed the following: While riding the bars behave like a voltmeter. But: The voltage display (Killswitch off, left brake) does not show up anymore.... Is the voltage only measured in the charger?

What I have done yet:

- I have dismanteled the charger and have checked the power semiconductors and some other parts. No "electronic" smoke inside.
- I have pulled the anderson connector and reconnected it (with a light-bulb-ICL) in order to make sure that this is no software lock-up.

Has anyone a hint, how to solve this problem?

Regards
Tido

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Bikemad
Bikemad's picture
Re: Vectrix does not charge / Runke/EVPS Charger repair

I had a similar problem where a fault on the temperature sensor control boards prevented the charger from working by preventing it from communicating via the CANbus and the battery gauge only worked like a voltmeter.

With the front and rear temperature sensor boards unplugged, the charger began working properly again and I was able to fully charge the battery.

It would initially try to charge, but the headlamp came on with the charger and I too could enter the "GO" mode and even operate the motor on the main stand whhen the charger was plugged in and turned on (without needing to turn the ignition key to the on position).

Mine has the ESD charger, but I presume a similar fault on the temperature sensor boards could also affect the Runke/EVPS charger.

You may well have a charger fault, but I would try disconnecting the temperature boards first to see if it has any affect on your charger's communication and operation.

My "Charging problem" thread can be seen here, but unfortunately, most of my embedded images cannot, because I refuse to pay Photobucket's ransom. :(

You may be able to view the missing images directly on Photobucket by right clicking the ransom notes and selecting "Open the image in a new tab" (if your browser supports it).

Alan

tt-tronix
tt-tronix's picture
Re: Vectrix does not charge / Runke/EVPS Charger repair

Hello Alan,

thanks for your post. I just tried to disconnect the temperature boards but this does not solve the problem :-( . It's still the same behavior. The charger seems to communicate via the CANbus because it shortly appears in the firmware update tab in ScooterDiag.....

Tido

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2401070691062219"
data-ad-slot="2079401426"
data-ad-format="auto">

Who's new

• EllsworthHomeSe...
  • Biscayne Dental...
  • Tamiami Dental ...
  • MJSfoto1956
  • Honda CB

Customize This