Can lithium iron phosphate battery be brought back from the dead?

4 replies [Last post]
Riverfurm
Riverfurm's picture

I have a 2009 (build date 9/08) VX-1 I believe has the stock lithium iron phosphate batteries that are dead (flat) not sure if there is any voltage in them, but the charger will not kick on. Do I use the same procured as the NiMH to bring up the voltage so the on board charger can take over?

Thanks for the help.
I did do a search but did not find anything

Riverfurm
Washington Crossing Pa.
Along the Delaware River

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
R
R's picture
Re: Can lithium iron phosphate battery be brought back from ...

I've used the resurrecter on this batteries. You can recover voltage to check if system works normally. However the damage on these poor quality cells is massive, you will not be able to use them for any daily commute.
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/14292-vectrix-battery-resurrecter#comment-77810

Riverfurm
Riverfurm's picture

Thanks for the info. I have one made up for NiMH batteries. Are the laird's firmware files still available?

Riverfurm
Washington Crossing Pa.
Along the Delaware River

Heavendenied

Are you sure it has Li Cells? As far as i know in 2009 the only available cells fpr Vectrix were NiMh Cells.

I think there are no new lairds firmwares available. The "old" ones should still be found in a download link here in the forum.

Riverfurm
Riverfurm's picture

No I am not sure they are lithium iron phosphate. I have them at work. I will load one up on the trailer and bring home and check. Do you have a link to the firmware download? This one is no longer valid https://app.box.com/s/8z1c1b9009abwyv5r2sl044uvjw1kwev Thanks for the info and help.

Riverfurm
Washington Crossing Pa.
Along the Delaware River

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2401070691062219"
data-ad-slot="2079401426"
data-ad-format="auto">

Bottled Lightning: Superbatteries, Electric Cars, and the New Lithium Economy Essential to understanding the economic importance of lithium batteries

Who's new

• Loker
  • supertwike
  • Martin_EV4
  • acsatue
  • 186kmps

Customize This