Stream Dancer

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Stream Dancer

I just received an email from these people: Stream Dancer ... They've designed a personal size electric boat that has a strong similarity with a sit-on-top kayak. It has a pair of electric motors and some really cool features. They have aimed it to fishermen and hunters, but I'm interested in it as a platform from which to do photography. I wrote a blog posting with a few more comments.

Stream Dancer

Stream Dancer

Stream Dancer

Stream Dancer

Stream Dancer

Stream Dancer

Stream Dancer

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: Stream Dancer

OMG! That thing's got a worm drive?!

I thought worm drives were only for us pinko-commies. :) (re: Красный октябрь)

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Wow, this looks VERY cool. I was out on the water in my kayak this weekend - and got to thinking of gushar's kayak conversion. Looks like I might have to look at worm drives and "borrowing" this guys design... :-)

So many projects - so little time ... :(

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

gushar

Yeah...that looks pretty cool. But, what will the price be? My design is actually pretty much a copy of a design done by Wilderness Systems in a kayak they made and sold. Don't know why they didn't continue it. They only made it for a couple of years. I guess demand wasn't there. Of course I think I improved on the design with my conversion. Anyway, it is fairly simple, looks like factory, and can be done to about any kayak...any style. But I do like this boat. Just think I can do 2-3 conversions including the boat cost for what they'll want for a single one of these. And as well I know my conversion works great!

Gushar

Gus

MB-1-E
MB-1-E's picture

Looks like fun.
I've got an aluminum square stern canoe that I put an electric trolling motor on which is fun to cruise along the ins and outs of the river bank catching a view of the wildlife. It moves along nicely but the Stream Dancer looks much more versatile and very fun and easy to operate with foot throttles.
I'd think it would be perfect for photography.

Dave B

MB-1-E
<a href="http://visforvoltage.org/book-page/996-mountain-bike-conversion-24v-3-4h... - Bridgestone MB-1 Mountain Bike</a>

Ray_T
Ray_T's picture

Hands-free control . Imagine using rod & reel, field glasses, camcorder, or even aiming a shotgun . . .

Hmmm... doesn't say anything about actually firing the shotgun,.. my guess is you better point the boat at your target.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

LOL! I can just see the boat spinning like a top or capsizing as someone with an elephant gun takes a pot shot...

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

gushar

Yeah that might be a trick! Well here's a photo of my own "puddle dancer" in action. Thought I'd post one of my boat in action...rather than just the static ones I posted. I'm tooling along in a bay here at slow speed. Notice the trail of water in the rear.

Gushar

_gusinwa.jpg

Gus

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage