Hummer breaks 200 KM!

1 post / 0 new
mf70
Hummer breaks 200 KM!

Another milestone and I didn't even have the Martinelli's ready!

My rebuilt Yonkang Crown 700W scoot has passed the 2000Km mark. The parallel charging setup continues to work. If a charger fails, I'll switch to a series-parallel plug to maintain balance.

Two significant maintenance items:

1) I let the back tire get soft (REALLY soft) and the flexing caused chafe between the tube and casing which destroyed both the tube and the tire. The tube was riddled with pinholes, while the casing was worn down from the inside, exposing the cords to the tube.

I temporarily fixed the tube with slime. I haven't got a working replacement tube yet, but I've replaced the tire with a name-brand tire. It's about 15% larger, but seems to roll more easily and is rounder (=smoother at speed)

2) While checking into the tire question, I noticed a funny clunk in the hub. Fearing a galled bearing, I tore it back down. It turned out to be three more magnets broken loose from the stator. I think only one of them had been repaired before. I haven't put magnet retainers in, but I did de-grease the surfaces as much as possible befoer repeating the JBWeld treatment.

Remaining issue: A shimmy in the front end. The trailing link front suspension seems to be VERY sensitive to looseness. I need to keep the axle and pivot bolts extremely tight to suppress shimmy. There doesn't seem to be anything that keeps the front wheel from flexing sideways over an off-center bump.

Mark

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage