Forget the Z-20, XM2000, Emax, Vectrix, etc.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
JDELUNA
Forget the Z-20, XM2000, Emax, Vectrix, etc.

If this person can deliver, here is a scooter that supposedly do 50mph and get 35 mile range @ 50mph and comes with Lithium batteries. God Bless :)

http://www.fun-ev.com/

thecomish
Re: Forget the Z-20, XM2000, Emax, Vectrix, etc.

I am relatively new to this website. I have been reading most postings on the subject of scooters. I have read about many negative aspects of ownership and of owners dealings with the sellers. I have read the debates on going about z-20 speculation xm2000 comparisons etc. Now I read this posting and find it vey strange. This last listing basically asks for total payment up front for a scooter that warrants nothing. How smart can this be. I hope that we can get positive reviews on any make scooter, and have it accurately reflect information that is useful for us as consumers.
Thanks,

DanCar

What do you mean "warrants nothing"? If you want to pay high prices follow the inventory model. If you want low prices follow the "low or no" inventory model.

You are going to get positive reviews which will lower your risk, but then the price might be higher.

andrew
andrew's picture

Theres more information here: http://www.efun-ev.com/

Jdeluna, I'm not about to forget any other scooters. A lot of weightless claims doesn't prove anything substantial.

We need someone to buy one to first prove that it exists. Then ride it to prove that it works. Than test it to prove that it meets some of the specs. Than test the reliability and quality because if it doesn't work its as good as scrap.

Right now I picture an invisible mystery scooter that I know nothing about. umm I think I'll forget about it for now.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

DanCar

Yes, and joining a web forum and then posting claims about a venture and its forward looking viability based on your historical experience with same yet failing to provide any evidence to back up the claims could be construed as being nothing more than a shill for the venture when one may have, by one's own statements, a vested concern in that venture.

We'd have more people posting their experience if we didn't have people implying they are shills.

Gio

Let me try to clear things up a bit.

Anyone with a little research skill will know that the scooter is from efun-ev.com

There are a few of the D model running around in the states, but testing is still to be done.
From what I'm hearing, the D model is too big of a chassis for the electric components.
And the Pb based battery isn't going to last long.
Not that this model can't be improved upon, but it's going to take some time and testing to get some final answer.

Falcon Ev is importing them unexclusively and i'm planning to take a trip to Santa Monica at the Altcar Expo to test the D model. (maybe even pick it up, if the price is right).

Dancar is the only person I see that has put up a website about this model.
You going to get what you pay for. $3300 for an untested Lithium powered scooter.
Might be good, might be bad. Most likely little support at first.
I wish him all the best in his venture. Your website could use a little more profession touch. as it seems like the website could of been online in few minute of keyboard clicks.

Gio

davew
davew's picture

I have read the debates on going about z-20 speculation xm2000 comparisons etc. Now I read this posting and find it very strange. This last listing basically asks for total payment up front for a scooter that warrants nothing.

This is a very good question. Unless you are lucky enough to live within striking distance of a dealer this is usually the experience you will have. I don't mean no warranty is usual, but even if you do get a warranty the work is going to be done by you. A good dealer will help you trouble shoot, give advice, and replace broken parts, but it is going to be time consuming, and it is going to be your hands on the wrench. The good news is that problems aren't all that common and most are easily diagnosed and fixed. If you hang out around here a lot you might get a jaded view because people come here specifically to have problems addressed. The people who don't have problems tend to be quieter.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Ben

This is a very good question. Unless you are lucky enough to live within striking distance of a dealer this is usually the experience you will have. I don't mean no warranty is usual, but even if you do get a warranty the work is going to be done by you. A good dealer will help you trouble shoot, give advice, and replace broken parts, but it is going to be time consuming, and it is going to be your hands on the wrench. The good news is that problems aren't all that common and most are easily diagnosed and fixed. If you hang out around here a lot you might get a jaded view because people come here specifically to have problems addressed. The people who don't have problems tend to be quieter.

All good points.. It would very easy to develop a view that electric is not the way to go. Mind you hang around a petrol scooter forum and you will see all the problems that occur for them too and maybe form a view petrol was not the way to go.. Nothing is perfect. It will never be perfect. But... It can always be better. These forums certainly assist in that.

gushar

Well I don't know about that...but certainly they are speculating...and that's not such a bad thing. We all do that. And that's what is typical on these type "forums." There are going to be opinions..and guesses...and some fair and some perhaps unfair...but speculation is just that.

So, that's the game here. You come here and promote or whatever and you're going to be subject to opinions, etc. I don't see that as a bad thing. Folks post based on previous experience and their understanding of this market, etc. If they diss your favored product...then come back and tell the rest of us why they are wrong! Don't waste your time crying foul.

Gushar

Gus

vinnie

they are speculating...and that's not such a bad thing

I propose that it IS a bad thing when someone speculates that other members are thieves.

The issue here is one of poor form. There are decent and civilized ways to communicate that, although not required, are part of our social norms. I think what is being expressed is that some postings contain a selection of words that express unwarranted accusations or are unnecessarily confrontational. I am guilty of it as well. Some give it and receive it. This forum has the potential and ability to be above petty infighting and graduate to positive collaboration. I am fairly certain from my own previous experiences that it is possible to be skeptical, wary and inquisitive without being derogatory, devisive and accusatory.

We all know DanCar has taken a business venture with E-Fun. He was a member here long before doing it. I'd like hear more about it. If it falls apart, it falls apart. So what?

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

GrooveConnection

OK here's MY 10 cents:

Let the bikes arrive, let's hold the fire till the following happens:

"Others that have tested the bikes and would post their experiences here if it wasn't for constant inflammatory remarks by USATracy.....:

DanCar please encourage those people you mentioned to post their experiences here. If they rather post it somewhere else, please provide us with a link where to find their contributions.

Until then, I'm hopeful.

But I won't forget about the Vectrix haha...

davew
davew's picture

This thread has wandered seriously off topic and is closed to new comments. Feel free to pick up any EV related discussion in new threads.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Topic locked

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage