X-Treme Scooter Owners...

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
X-Treme Scooter Owners...

Who bought their X-Treme product directly from X-Treme's website (http://www.x-tremescooters.com/) and not from an authorized online dealer?

boyelectric
Re: X-Treme Scooter Owners...

I found this site (v is for voltage) only after ordering (and paying for an XB-600 from http://www.x-tremescooters.com/electric_bicycles/xb600/xb600.html, where you will notice is says the scooter is in stock. It said this when I ordered in late September, and has said it ever since. Truth is that they do not have them in stock. They expected them in on Oct 8th, but now they are saying it will be an unspecified number of weeks before they receive more. I'm not impressed with their communication skills thus far, or their website/database management skills.

When (or if) I receive an XB-600, I will report to you all any damage, etc. I will also report about the quality of their communications.

Am I apprehensive? Yes.

If it arrives and functions, or can be made to function with a minimum of fuss, I probably got a good deal.

I guess I will see!

(sorry for the cross post to another section, but I wanted to answer the question above...)

gushar

But it was my understanding you can't order the scooter directly from xtreme??? Only parts...

In any event...boyelectric...you'll probably be quite happy with the XB600 and hopefully it will get to you undamaged. From the way mine was leaning on the pallet and the hole in the side of the box with a handlebar grip hanging out you'd have thought (which I did) that mine was going to be damaged. But it was fine. So maybe that's a good sign...meaning they can take a bit more banging around than we think without damage. I know one thing. That plastic that the body panels are made of is alot stronger than I thought it was. I saw the kid in my neighborhood (another post about the XB500) that had the 500 and asked how it was running for him. He said fine and he couldn't be more happier with it. However, as we talked I noticed a big scrape in the body panel along one side of the scooter. I asked "hey, what happened there?" He explained that he turned to quickly on wet pavement and the scooter just slid out from under him...and he showed me a large scrape on his elbow too. Looking at both damage I am amazed it didn't break that plastic panel. It sure was scraped and gouged!

Anyway, if you have any questions about your XB600 just shoot me a message via the forum and I'll be glad to answer if I can. Like I've posted here mine is awesome! Not really fast...but dependable, fun to ride, and seems it will run forever without charging! My experience so far...had it since early July...has been very positive.

Gushar

Gus

gushar

Need to qualify what might be misleading in that last part in my post above..."forever without charging." I charge everytime I ride which is what you should do regardless of how long or far you ride...unless of course you are just stopping for awhile and riding again right away. Anyway, what I was trying to say was that on a single charge it seems to go a long way (20 miles my longest ride) without hardly any sign of batts going down in charge.

Gushar

Gus

upperleft7

I bought my XB 500 directly from xtreme. Credit card over the phone bla, bla.

Mine arrived with the rear fender broken but I think that was done by the guys at the loading dock that "helped" load it in the van when I had someone pick it up for me at the Seattle terminal. It wouldn't have broke off it it was not made out of such cheap material. I can't complain about the performance of the bike though. It performed pretty much as advertised. Not much speed but great range. Over twenty miles per charge but not much over 12 to 15 mph on the flat. I had the temerity to suggest that mine was "cheap piece of crap" on this board. A bunch of reactionaries crawled out of the woodwork. Yawn. Terminal nerds.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Damnit, this pisses me off.

Quoted by X-Treme: We manufacture our registered trademark name brand electric scooter, gas scooter, sea scooter, dirt bikes & electric bicycle. We do not sell X-Treme "single scooters" retail to the public but we do offer X-Treme scooter parts to everyone. Shoppers, click to locate an X-Treme X-Treme Scooter Authorized Dealer. We are a wholesale supplier & drop shipper only. We have distributorships available to store fronts, web site companies, or to anyone that wants to sell scooters. [sic]

Glad we can stick to what we say here, X-treme.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Deafscooter
Deafscooter's picture

Deafscooter have many Customer calling for need improvement ( minor Modifed the X -Treme scooter )
-
-
Most problem is poor quailty on welded on Framework also loose connection on wire system , bad speed controller
-
I have three customer want me do modding the scooter include motor upgrade also battery get better,and speed
make it faster and strong frme for last longer life then one customer brought the x 500 Scooter to deafscooter
-
Craig modded the framework AKA bladez install two large battery 40 AH each & Mosnter motor installed the frame
my custoemr happy with this x 500 scooter with monster motor and two large battery in scooter now he ride logged
over 600 miles old on modded scooter he said fast top speed near 42 mph on flat ground level & range 8 miles each
-
-
-
(edit by dave_brownscombe - moderator ... Craig, please see PM ... thanks)

-
Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter

deafscooter

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Deafscooter - did you buy scooters directly from X-Treme's website?

If not, please don't jack my thread.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage