Gone in 60 Seconds

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Gone in 60 Seconds

Some of you here may be law abiding citizens. That's not your fault - comes from upbringing. Maybe you grew up in a good neighborhood, maybe you were a straight A student, maybe luck was always on your side and you've never been hungry. That's okay, because I'm here to show you just how easy it is to acquire other people's things (OPS). So pay attention and never, NEVER take security for granted. (especially in Missouri where things be missing off your porch)

Alias
Re: Gone in 60 Seconds

Wow hmmm this guy better not show up in my neighborhood.
Nonetheless it sounds like the police said something like
"you can't be in it, this is in an active lane"?? Hellooooo?? I have been in this field for way too long. Sigh*

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

I like how he said that to the guy holding the camera and paid no attention to the "thief". :)

That's in NY, though. The police I've seen there are real easy going. Now in Albuquerque, if you even look slightly suspicious (white guy in wrong part of town), plan on getting hassled, beat down, tased, beat again, cuffed, tased again, fondled, thrown in the police car, linched with the seat belt, taken downtown, yanked out of the car, beat again, groped again, strip searched, stuffed in an over crowded pink holding cell with all sorts of wierdos, fingerprinted, pictured, then stuffed in a cell with a three time felon...

How's your beat, Alias? :D

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Alias

It is true that some PD's are easy going like for example the police department that I worked for a year,
no longer handles auto thefts or responding to building alarm calls. Instead you basically get to file a report.
I think that is a bit silly but what do I know??
It's kind of like saying okay "i'm a police officer I am watching you and you have my permission to steal". wow
I guess I have seen and heard of a lot of crazy activity in law enforcement & security.
It is so ironic to me what I see and hear in the field being done by other officers that you work with.

drivin98

In Montreal I once heard a racket from the alley below and saw a bicycle theft in progress. I called the police and after twenty minutes they arrived...at my apartment instead of the alley. They seemed a lot more interested in me and my tiny apartment than in any bicycle thievery. :(

vinnie

I called the police and after twenty minutes they arrived...

Yeah, I grew up in inner city Baltimore. When I was little I saw a guy get shot in the head on a street corner. The body lay there for hours till the po-po came. Law enforcement goes where the money is...speeding tickets and rich neighborhoods, not bike thievery or low-income projects. That ain't never gonna change.

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Alias

Okay basically bike theft in progress calls or anything of that nature is going to be in a "low priority" call.
It also depends on how busy the area is, to make it a "low priority" call.
Mostly because once they get there anyway your property is going to be gone and all you can really do is file
a report. Just in case if you wonder why they respond too long.

PJD
PJD's picture

It was never reported what kind of lock was used...

It's awful heavy for bicycle use but the Kryptonite New York chain and disc lock is supposed to be bolt cutter and saw proof.

Presumably the thief would need a cutting torch.

vinnie

Okay basically bike theft in progress calls or anything of that nature is going to be in a "low priority" call.

True, true. There is a definite difference between bike theft and street murder. I think our points are ultimately the same: the reality is that protecting your property from theft lies on your own shoulders. I think there was some talk awhile back about putting GPS chips into our scooters to be able to track them post-theft. I might look into that again. Or perhaps the chain PJD referenced...

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Alias

I think that would be very cool if they started putting GPS chips on scooters & bikes etc
I mean they got em' in (some cars), cats & dogs why not?

Use code&quot;Solar22&quot; and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage