How can we expect a decent scooter product?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
thecomish
How can we expect a decent scooter product?

It seems obvious to me after reading the circumstances of xm2k owners experiences, that a major problem is the method of packaging being used to ship these scooters or possible scooters from all chinese manufacturers. How can you expect a product that needs to be handled with caution, to arrive in one piece when it is packaged in flimsy wooden framed crates that are easliy crushed and broken. I understand that EVTA has gone to extreme measures by scooter manufacturers standards to avoid this repeated problem. For this reason alone that would be enough for me as a possible electric scooter consumer to wait and purchase one of they're products. But after reviewing many electric scooter options in the price of under 4k I have yet to find one other company who has felt compelled to give as much information as they have on they're website. Or who have been easily contacted and willing to answer my questions and concerns that I have. I will add that many new concerns have been raised thankfully because of the information given on
v is for voltage.org

thecomish
Re: How can we expect a decent scooter product?

Mvc-009f.jpgMvc-037f.jpgMvc-005f.jpg

Ben

Nice packing...

I am glad the ones I get from China come in a steel cage not wooden like those. No wonder those ones keep arriving damaged.

Ben

thecomish

So that means that we have had some positve experiences with delivery of scooters from China?

thecomish

I wonder which company has been delivering in steel frames and for how long?

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

LOL

A "flimsy wooden frame" would be a luxury for the XM2k. Damn thing comes in a cardboard box on a wooden pallet.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

DanCar

DAN4.jpg

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

How about considering the final price (including delivery) as part of the packaging equation?

Just to play devil's advocate here ...

Are you feeling lucky? You don't even have to be that lucky - 3 out of every 4 XM2Ks have arrived without damage (stats provided by reading all the posts on visforvoltage rather than just cherry picking out the bad ones).

Again, if you decide to wait for an EVTA Z/R-20a/b that's fine. At MSRP prices and delivered to your door you'll spend around $900 more for your nice metal frame.

If you go with those cheap and nasty XM2Ks that they ship in paper bags then if you're one of the 75% of lucky ones your bike will be just fine (aside from a little bit of cheap-ass shiny "chromed" plastic rubbing through on the right twist throttle). If you're in the 25% of unlucky one then you have a 90% chance of having to spend one whole hour bringing your own bike up to perfect cosmetic grandeur (silly flames on the side and all!).

So, who of you out there earns $900 per hour!? Assuming you're making closer to $20 an hour the XM2K still seems like a good value proposition to me!

Can the packaging be improved? Of course it can! However, if it were me I wouldn't ship a metal frame half way around the world (oops, there goes some more precious resources). I'd simply make the existing packaging about 2 inches taller and strap the bike to the floor in a couple of different places. Unlike most of you commenting on this thread I've actually SEEN how the XM2K bikes are packaged. If you don't believe how tough the cardboard can be feel free to stop by and I'll whack you over the head with the carton floor or one of the side posts. Believe me, that will convince you ...

Before you say "oh, you're a dealer, you seem to protect XM2K all the time" - I'm not the one who has selectively chosen the cases to support my arguments. I'm going on the basis of all reports we've received.

OK, this was a joke! I won't hit anybody (you'd all probably just beat me up first anyways!). Please don't feel offended. However, I still think you all need to consider price (including final delivery charges to the customer) when comparing packaging strategies.

(Oh, and BTW, those pictures aren't of an XM2K (no flames on the rear panel) - it's probably an early Z-20 }:) )

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

thecomish

Is this not the same link to e-fun that led to my statement of "Why would you pay 100% upfront to purchase a scooter from who? I do not know."
The list of specifications states the following:
1)this product has not been well tested and may not be safe,use at your own risk.
2)satisfaction guarantee: If you are not satisfied within the first week of purchase we can arrange for terms of a refund. For example you can sell the bike and get a refund on the difference.
This sounds absurd, I wish we could get a product that a company stands behind what they are selling. But perhaps at these prices it does not exist.
As I stated before I want to do business with a real company and not just a link to a website that makes ridiculous statements. It is for this reason that I am now leaning towards EVTA because at least I am getting some answers. I can't wait to hear reviews from people on this site because I am hoping they will be positive in nature and EVTA will be the company to buy from.

thecomish

John,
If what you are saying is true then why yesterday was there the conversation about expect the scooter to come in damaged, and be prepared to deal with the probem. Knowing that the xm2k is now a discontinued product. Then someone responded by saying you should check ebay and look for someone cannibalizing their scooter to get the replacement parts etc?

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

thecomish,

What I am saying is true. Only about 1 in 4 comes with anything other than very minor cosmetic damage. And only a very few cases of those with damage have customers had problems getting parts.

The conversation yesterday was about crunchfam's specific case. I posted today because folks often take one or two specific cases and then extrapolate to cover all the models. That is what seemed to be happening here. So, I posted.

I do agree that crunchfam's situation is not acceptable - I think he should be entitled to a refund or a replacement (or for X-Treme to cannibalize one of the remaining scoots).

I don't agree with usatracy's assertion that the last 5 XM2Ks in stock are likely all damaged (I believe that's what he said yesterday - but I didn't feel it was worth countering). By my math, I expect 1 or 2 of them to be damaged. I also think that if you get unlucky enough to receive a significantly damaged XM2K with only 5 left in stock you will probably end up in the same situation that crunchfam finds himself in.

I stand by my position that the shipping of XM2Ks does need minor improvements but that on balance is a better deal for the end customer than a more expensive option (assuming that cost would get passed onto the customer). This is based on the entire lifetime of the production run - and not for these last few scooters.

BTW, based on crunchfam's experience I will be strongly advising potential customers about the current situation.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

thecomish

Thanks for the information

DanCar

>This sounds absurd
What is absurd? The contradiction of satisfaction guarantee plus not well tested?

Absurd:
Merriam-Webster - ridiculously unreasonable
dict.org - Contrary to reason

Unfortunately we live in a lawsuit happy country. Expecting people to use their own intelligence for safety is the reason behind the comment. Even products that have been proven safe for 20 years and then have an accident are still targets for lawsuits.

Safe is a relative term, and no product is perfectly safe.

Thanks,
Daniel

vinnie

Also, E-Moto ships in a steel frame.

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage