SCHWINN STEALTH 1000 ELECTRIC SCOOTER

36 replies [Last post]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
lippy
Re: SCHWINN STEALTH 1000 ELECTRIC SCOOTER

i am kinda new to this, but would like to know why so many people are going through so much trouble to add extra batteries? is this for power, speed, etc.? my daughter has a 750 Schwinn, nad has had no problem at all with batteries. thanks, JIM
cell or text 412-780-5998

frannie

I have a Stealth 1000 bought in Sept '07 that has been a jewel. I am a fulltime RVer with somewhat limited mobility and it has been great for getting around in campgrounds, at rallies, and "walking" the dog. Now my balance is getting worse and I need to sell it and get something with more stability.

About a year ago I decided that I didn't want to hook up the charger outside the motorhome in the rain, so I brought the charger and battery pack inside and tried to fit the two together to charge. Well, you know what happened! I nearly burned off a finger and roasted one of the prongs on the plug. I took it to Alien Scooters in Austin, TX, and they "repaired" the plug with a bit of solder and replaced the connection on the battery.

That was fine until now, but now I can't get a current through the wiring to charge the batteries, which are still good. I was told by a friend who looked at the connections that I would need to replace both the plug and the little outlet on the scooter, and also the connector on the battery pack. I don't have time to order these parts and get them installed before I leave, so if any of you are near Livingston, TX, where I am until the end of this week, or in the following places where I will be going in the next few weeks, and would like to look at or make an offer on it, let me know and we can set up a time and place. Future locations: Sherman, TX; Norman, OK; Kansas City, MO. I do have it advertised here, and if I do happen to sell it I will post again to let you know.

rickblah

I bought this scooter off of craigslist. Can someone tell me how to check what year this is ? I don't know what year to put on when I'm ordering parts. Thank you!

rickblah

Jake Jager

HELP! My rear wheel is flat, and I need to replace it, All I really need to replace I think is the inner tube. I know where to buy, but I need some instruction as to how and if I could go about getting the rear wheel out and replaced. PLZPLZPLZ Help!

Jake Jager

lippy wrote:

i am kinda new to this, but would like to know why so many people are going through so much trouble to add extra batteries? is this for power, speed, etc.? my daughter has a 750 Schwinn, nad has had no problem at all with batteries. thanks, JIM
cell or text 412-780-5998

Well for me with the stealth 1000, I've had some problems with batteries, but they were late onset. But $144 and a new sottering tool later, I had a running scooter again.

Doccus
Doccus's picture

I don't have a Schwinn.. but i've had such a hard time with tis forum, I thought to try and find a recent post, to get a response.. ..I wish this forum wasn't so fragmented, so that I could just post in a "general" forum.. I have a chinese electric scooter/bike , but damned if I can find an appropriate forum to place my query in..
Mine suffered damage to the plastic fairing, when it got out of control because the speed control "stuck.. basically it ran into a concrete pillar"..
If you (or anyone else) knows the correct sub-forum to place this, I'd be grateful!
Doc

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Customize This