New E-Max website

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Skarrin
New E-Max website

"e-max ev's Ltd Germany" has finally installed a new website and claims that mass production of the new models started on Oct, 23 : http://www.e-max-ltd.com

Only the two scooters with silicone batteries have a price tag for now, which seems a little bit on the high side, same as the weight.
2950 Euros and 150kg for the 90S!!
The quality should be a LOT better than that of the former models to justify that price.

Regards, Skarrin

rgx
Re: New E-Max website

Great news!

The new website looks excellent. And about the pricing, it is exactly what I paid for the e-max 2000 sport 18 months ago, and the new models seem far better, beyond comparison. But the rate EUR/USD has changed somewhat since, so in USD the price might seem steep.

vinnie

Do you think we will ever see them in the U.S.? They do at least appear to be of better quality than what most of us are rolling now. I want one.

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

PJD
PJD's picture

We could see them in the US if someone took the initiative to start an importing and distributing business for them. But the USA is littered with failed businesses that attempted to sell scooters of any sort - even Vespas - much less electric ones.

The USA is instilled with a culture that is very resistant to appropriately-powered scooters or motorcycles of any sort for everyday use. I receive at least one instance of derisive mocking (most commonly "hey! pull a wheelie") on my e-max for every 10-15 km it is ridden.

The motorcycle continues to occupy a niche in the US consciousness as a 1000cc-plus overpowered phallic symbol that young, cocky male types ride to bars, then get killed hitting a tree at 200 kph.

PJD
PJD's picture

And, I notice the new e-max is headed by the same Thomas Grubel that headed the old GGC/e-max company. He refused to support their initial sorry products and left our local US distributor, e-max USA/Larry Maltz in financial ruin.

davew
davew's picture

And, I notice the new e-max is headed by the same Thomas Grubel that headed the old GGC/e-max company.

I noticed this too. If I were thinking about setting up a scooter business I would stay away from this guy like he was plutonium. Not only did he leave the US distributors in the lurch, but all of us owners as well. I wonder if the new Emax is going to support the old Emax scooters in Germany?

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage