XB-600 experiences and questions

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
zerogas
zerogas's picture
Re: XB-600 experiences and questions

Dude,
I'm 6'1" and I pick up my daughter from school on my xb 600! It's no problem at all.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

win32forth
win32forth's picture
Re: XB-600 experiences and questions PHOTOS

Tom, I think you should always wear your Harley Davidson shirt when you ride your XB-600! LOL! I really enjoyed your pictures of un-crating the beast and your video. I haven't purchased one yet...I will, just contiplating where to get it from. I have found a varience of roughly $200. Can I ask where you purchased yours and for what price? Because yours seemed to have arrived in good condition and I definitely need that.

Thanks,
Laurie

Laurie,

I am glad you liked the pictures. My professional adventuring photographer (wife, Debbie) took them.

I purchased mine from http://www.neoscooters.com for about $1100 including shipping to my door and an extended warranty. I am in Texas, and it was delivered by truck in about 4 days from shipment. I ordered on a thursday, shipped on Monday and arrived on Thursday. No damage.

I am not sure, but I think much of the shipping damage has been reported by people purchasing the larger (heavier) scooters, which appear to use the same packaging.

Tom

win32forth
win32forth's picture

All this talk about riding two people on an XB-600 got me to thinking. How about making a sidecar for it, the extra wheel would help handle the extra weight, and there could be room for extra batteries as needed as well. Three wheels, looks like a side hack, but it's really a tricycle.

What do y'all (that is texas for "you all") think?

Tom

hyperob
hyperob's picture

Freakin' cool if you can pull it off! Hope you have a dog you can put in the passenger seat. That would be the picture right there. :)

dantheman

Well, legally....
You should keep the pedals and cranks on at all times, as functional pedals are required for this to be a power assisted bicycle (chain and sprocket too). And don't argue with cops, take the ticket, print the federal law and argue with the judge! The cop will just taze you 15 times, and I like a TRIAL before the ELECTROCUTION! Don't you think that's fair? Of course, you could just take the + and - and zap the cop back ; )
As far as child passengers, motorcycle law should apply; i.e. helmet and shoes, pants, seems reasonable and prudent right?
Arguing with the judge and actually going to court means the cop gets to come in on his day off too, and learn a lesson. Don't mess with anything that has pedals!!!

bocabikeguy

Excellent advice about what to do when you are stopped, Dan! Policemen have to be concerned about their own safety, and they might consider someone who argues with them to be a risk.

Regarding a child riding on the bike, motorcycle rules generally do not apply here, bicycle rules do. In other words, in some areas, a legal bicycle child's seat might be REQUIRED to carry a child as a passenger on the XB-600. Also, make sure the child is wearing an approved bicycle helmet at all times when on the bike. If the child bicycle seat is not required in your area, there probably is plenty of room on the seat for two people. The trunk is set back a bit, and that helps a lot.

SpartanSmoke

Let's see how this goes. I've seen a few folks bitching about how there X-treme arrived. Mine was in PERFECT condition and got here in 96 hours. Kinda kewl, huh! I was almost scared off by the whiners. The truth is what do you expect for under $1000 delivered to your door and the cops can politely kiss my no drivers licensed buttocks. (Yeah, a little Forest Gump in there. LOL ) I have only one thing to say... If you you must speak ill of another, write it in the sand at the waters edge.

Jerseygirl
Re: XB-700 LI

I don't know how to do this - i just wanted to post something--i recently purchased a XB 700 LI and after 5 weeks it is finally working!! i love it but i have a problem -- the battery is showing charged from the charger but when i put it in or turn it on the gauge is showing low and it makes a constant beeping just like the turn signals do--can anyone give me a clue as i'm about tired of dealing with x-treme--if i could find a mechanic in my area i would pay for the thing - as i don't think it is a serious problem--please instruct me how to post properly and if i'm on the right page and how do i get to the right page--thanking u in advance for ur help--JG

sixpax2k9

I have RE-Posted this in its own topic for you Jerseygirl.......
To go to the new post click on this link below!!!!!!!

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/6490-xb-700li-battery-problems

I don't know how to do this - i just wanted to post something--i recently purchased a XB 700 LI and after 5 weeks it is finally working!! i love it but i have a problem -- the battery is showing charged from the charger but when i put it in or turn it on the gauge is showing low and it makes a constant beeping just like the turn signals do--can anyone give me a clue as i'm about tired of dealing with x-treme--if i could find a mechanic in my area i would pay for the thing - as i don't think it is a serious problem--please instruct me how to post properly and if i'm on the right page and how do i get to the right page--thanking u in advance for ur help--JG

Best thing to do is go to the main page that shows all of the posts ie....

http://visforvoltage.org/forums/electricrides/bicyclesandpedelecs/xb500-xb600-xb700

Then click on the button that says "New Topic".

Fill out the title name for your post, then write the specific problem in the body area. Then at the very bottom of the page you click "preview" to examine what the post will look like, then you can edit anything that didnt come out correctly. Then click the "SAVE" button to post it onto the boards.

I would help directly but I have an xb600 not 700, and I am unsure what all is installed with the lithium battery pack on your specific bike. It could be anything from 1 bad cell, a bad bms, loose wires, or a bad charger even.

Best thing i would say to do is this.....

If you have or can get a multimeter, check the voltage of the battery pack before and after charging. A Fully charged 48V battery pack should read about 54V at a full charge(this is normal). If for some reason it is NOT reaching this voltage you then should check what voltage the charger is outputting. If it is in the range of 53-55V then it is fine. If that is the case, it is a problem with 1 or more cells in the battery pack or the BMS (battery maintenance system) is bad. In either case I would assume Xtreme would take care of it. I have heard of them sending out a whole brand new battery pack in some cases...

Hope this helps....

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

Jerseygirl

thanks sixpax2k9---please check out my reply on the post you posted for me which explains more--i greatly appreciate your help!!!

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/6490-xb-700li-battery-problems

Jerseygirl

and dave is there a XB-700 LI forum???

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002