Merida 500 Powercycle Help

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
tomcor33
Merida 500 Powercycle Help

I just bought this bike from someone. It is missing the Battery Case. Does anyone happen to have an extra case for sale? If not , I am thinking of just making my own Battery case with (2) 12V 12AH batterys. Is anyone familier with this bike, as far as wiring of the contacts that go to the battery and key switch. Also what size fuse would be good to use in the battery circuit?

Or any more suggestions or comments about this Bike.

Thanks for any info...

Sturdly
Re: Merida 500 Powercycle Help

V's own chas-stevenson is quite the expert on the workings of these machines. I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in yet.

You might PM him.

I have in the past and he was most helpful.

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

Tomcor33,

I have a Merida which has been modified to run on 36-volts. I think the Merida is one of the best manufactured e-bikes around. That is after it has been modified. At 24-volts it's a little slow and does not climb all that well but at 36-volts it is a very good bike indeed. I happen to have an extra battery box I would be willing to sell. I paid $35.oo for it plus shipping if you would like to make me an offer you can contact me at chas_stevenson [at] yahoo.com

You may also want to look at my web site where all the instructions for modifications can be found. Here is the LINK.

Chas S.

tomcor33

Chas,
I just emailed you about the Battery case. I have checked your website also, very good info.
I have searched all the other Electric forums also.

djk4321

Hi, I know this is an older forum, has anyone found a diagram to switch the controller for this bike to a 36v?

Dan

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage