Wire diagram for Alltrax 4834 connected to Etek Brushless motor

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
glenn
Wire diagram for Alltrax 4834 connected to Etek Brushless motor

I have an etek brushless motor with 3 posts labled V - W - U

There are also 6 controller wires: 2 black, white, green, blue, red.

I want to connect the etek to an alltrax 4834.

0-5k pot accellerator

48v 10 amp hour battery

I cant find the information on the internets, so im lost.

Any help or links would be apperciated.

Glenn

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: Wire diagram for Alltrax 4834 connected to Etek Brushless mo

You can't find the information because you can't connect a brushless Etek to an Alltrax.

The construction of a brushed and brushless motor are fundamentally different. You need a controller designed specifically for brushless motors, like a Sevcon. They tend to be a little pricier and less powerful, though.

Regarding the batteries, your probably gonna need more. That motor will easily draw more than 100 amps. 10Ah won't last very long unless you really baby the throttle and stay at low speeds.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

Jeffkay
Jeffkay's picture

Bad news for you, I am afraid... The Alltrax you have will ONLY work with brushed motors. The controller you need is called a Sevcon. There is no trick too make the Alltrax work with it. Alltrax does not make a Brushless controller. And you will need to get the wiring to the little Molex connector too. It tells the controller where the motor is in its rotation and relative to the 3 phase poles. Depending on your use, a brushless Etek seems a bit lower powered at 48 volts but the Sevcon can go to 70 volts so it might help you if the EV is heavy or you want to go faster. The Sevcon ads do not talk about this higher max voltage but it is the case...

Jeff

glenn

that solves that mystery.

...putting alltrax back in box.

i know i need more amp hours.

thanks!!

glenn

which sevcon controller should i get?

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

That's up to your wallet ;). Seriously, the controllers range from $300 to over $2000.

Actually, I have an alternative idea. If you don't mind occasionally changing the brushes, why don't you look for one of the original brushed Eteks? You'll be able to get more power out of it, and you'll be able to use the Alltrax with it. They're kind of hard to find, but it might be worth it. Up to you.

B.T.W.: I checked electricmotorsport.com, and for some reason, it shows up as $650/out of stock when I link from the home page but $595/in stock when I link from Google. What gives?

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

Frxdy

I see the Sevcon Millipak PMAC controller has gone from a 200 amp rating to 250. Good boost! Wish I could find one for less than list price!

IbeRKT

The Alltrax you have will ONLY work with brushed motors. The controller you need is called a Sevcon.

You are right the Alltrax 4834 is for a brushed motor but Alltrax does have a brushless controller now. The Prices are from $229 to $599

Here is the link http://www.kellycontroller.com/mot/Brushless-DC-Motor-Controller.html

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

IbeRKT - Alltrax is not the same as Kelly. You supplied a link to Kelly. I've heard nothing but good things about Kelly and will be using one in my CB-750 but beware that Alltrax is a much more "respected" and "well known" name than the link you provided.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

IbeRKT

IbeRKT - Alltrax is not the same as Kelly. You supplied a link to Kelly. I've heard nothing but good things about Kelly and will be using one in my CB-750 but beware that Alltrax is a much more "respected" and "well known" name than the link you provided.

Oops, I was in a rush ... Ment to say that Kelly has a brushless controller now. I know Kelly is not as big a name as Alltrax but they have been putting out some good quality controllers, and at compettitive prices.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage