quick question about dewalt 28v packs

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
rpmarco
rpmarco's picture
quick question about dewalt 28v packs

howdy,

i'm building up a bike with a 24v kollmorgen motor and was wondering if anyone knew how this might work with a 28v battery pack. dewalt's lithium packs come in 36v (which would be good for my other motor), but there don't seem to be any 24v packs available. does the extra 4v have an adverse affect on a 24v system, or does it not matter much? also, just out of curiousity, if the kollmorgen has a built in 24v controller, what would happen if i ran the motor at 36v? thanks in advance.

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: quick question about dewalt 28v packs

I wouldn't try it. Apparently the stock controller is already marginal. It has a habit of blowing even at 24V. If you try to run it at 36V you'll just end up with a dead controller.

If you want, you can wire up an external brushless controller. The motors themselves are very well made, and can handle over 1000W no problem. Just don't go above 48V or else the rotor flys apart. Make sure you keep the current down so it doesn't overheat either.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

Frying Pigeon
Re: quick question about dewalt 28v packs

I think Milwaukee now sells 28 volt lithium batteries, too.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage