Flex solar panels any links yet? (run with no silicon)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
mr_exon
Flex solar panels any links yet? (run with no silicon)

I am thinking about using these for a Non-EV prototype

if any one has this months Pop-science they did an article on them and the processes on how they make solar panels with No Silicon!

if any one has more info please tell me

MiKeM

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Flex solar panels any links yet? (run with no silicon)

Do you know which company is the maker you're thinking of? e.g. Unisolar (a subsidiary of Energy Conversion Devices) has been making flexible panels, including solar panels shaped as roofing shingles, and they've been doing this for nearly a decade. However theirs use silicon, just using an amorphous crystaline structure rather than the typical regular crystal structure.

Are you thinking of nanosolar? I mention them because they just began production (I think).

mr_exon

nanosolar may be the company....I will have to sit on the can when I get home and re-read my pop-science mag...I think it was page 72 this months issue

I just Re-laced my first spoked wheel! and it was trued by spinning it in my hand

DWrath

Yes, it is nanosolar. Their website is nanosolar.com (go figure). I believe they are not taking any new orders for another year due to such high demand.

mr_exon

Yes I read that part of the the article, but thought some one has to know somthing....."Hey nice solar paint job" people would say in the coming years

I just Re-laced my first spoked wheel! and it was trued by spinning it in my hand

davew
davew's picture

Nanosolar is just getting ramped up big time. I believe the first year of production is spoken for. Good news for the industry, but not so good to us fans. This is far and away the most promising technology in terms of dollars per watt and durability, but it seems to be at least a couple of years off before general availability. Nanosolar is not the only company ramping up production on amorphous solar EVs. They are the farthest along, however.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

strawhistle

David , Iowa thin film ITF Is making flex solar 15"x .006 x up to 25000ft long cut at about 3.5" per 12V cell , cut to 6-8FT , make conection and connect to battery bank , many fastening techniecs adhesive backing for tin roofing , tarp or fabric , or laminated to aluminum backing you can roll up an 8FT strip into a 6" x 16" roll selling only to contract assemblers they get around 3.50 - 6.00 Per Watt for it that is what I know oh ya one Co. in china and One co. in India Pattents are why we see so little of this Amourphis thin film stuff ( no spell check !!)

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

mr_exon

great reply...made a lot of sense and I will have to check into it

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage