How to reply to original poster? Or how to add to the list of replies already there?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
deronmoped
How to reply to original poster? Or how to add to the list of replies already there?

This forum is a little confusing, not like other forums I have used. In this forum, when I want to reply to the original poster do I reply to just the "last" poster? On other forums there is usually a box that is already there that you just add your reply to and the reply just ends up as the last in line of the other replies.

Thanks, Deron.

deronmoped
Re: How to reply to original poster? Or how to add to the list o

OK

I figured it out. I click on "add new comment", at the bottom of original post.

Deron.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Yes, 'add new comment'. If you want to reply to a comment the word to look for is 'reply'.

Also there are several ways of directly contacting someone. You can click on their user name, which will take you to their user profile page, and from that page is a button that allows you to send direct email. There is also a private message system that sends messages directly within the site. e.g. there is a 'Write to author' link at the bottom of posts.

If you think any of these phrases should be different let me know.

Efried
Efried's picture

I also get to much notifying mails with the original instead of the new posting. I would like to have one link where I see al answers to my postings and may choose what to read.

Efried

Mik
Mik's picture

Great idea, Elfried!
I might soon cancel my "subscription" unless it becomes less time consuming to check what the notifications are actually about.
The new text should be included in the email, it takes too long to open the thread, scroll down etc.
I would certainly like it if it was possible for me to be notified only of additions to posts/threads that I am somehow involved with.
Even receiving everything in just the "Motorcycles and Large Scooters" section is way too much in the long run.
It's currently more "push" then "pull" information coming in through the notification emails.

Mr Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage