High Voltage: The Fast Track to Plug In the Auto Industry A behind-the-scenes look at the robustly competitive race to dominate the market for electric cars.

Making my own Electric-Assited Bicycle: Crystalyte Phoenix, 3640 Controller, LiPO batteries

1 reply [Last post]

Okay, so due to a variety of circumstances, I am trying the electric-assisted bicycle route. I have a Crystalyte Phoenix rear hub motor mounted on a wheel, a 3640 (36V) controller, and a half-twist throttle (all purchased from electricrider about 1.5 years ago). I have ordered a 20amp/hour LiPO battery set and charger from electricrider. I just acquired a cheap, used Schwinn cruiser frame and wheels.

Wish me luck!

Oh, I also ordered some corrsion-x lubricant spray to coat the components from rain. I will do what I can to seal them otherwise too.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Re: Making my own Electric-Assited Bicycle: Crystalyte Phoenix,

I still have not received the LiFePO4 battery pack from electricrider yet, but that is all I have left (well, also the rack that I ordered with it, to which it mounts). I got a frame pack for the controller and I hope that is all I need. I guess one more thing, is that the hub motor for the rear wheel has a bit bigger spindle bolt (is that the correct term) thatn what the bike came with, so I had to file a bit of the receptacle to make it fit.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Short URL

Customize This