Foxx Power

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Foxx Power

Anyone know about these guys: http://www.foxxpower.com ?

They claim a retail price of $0.95 per Wh - so a 48V30Ah pack is $1368. Not sure if that includes charger and BMS or not. I don't know what formulation they use.

deronmoped
Re: Foxx Power

They look like a pretty big company, meaning you probably get their low price when you buy in bulk. I did not see any application for bikes.

Deron.

PJD
PJD's picture

I am currently looking into buying a a 48 volt 40 AH (16 cell) Foxx battery pack from from Aten Energy. http://www.atenenergy.biz/ Contact is Zane Tatum.

They make packs of all sizes for e-bikes on up. Mine will be reconfigured to replace the lead acid pack in an e-max scooter.

The one person I am aware of with one of their packs is pretty happy with it. His largely qualitative description of his experience is here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2781

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

PJD - Thanks. Let us know if you proceed with the Foxx pack for your e-max.

BTW - Zane Tatum & Russell Leff are both listed as co-founder of Foxx and part of the Aten Energy: US Division. I suspect that Aten only has a US Division and that Foxx is the same company. Not sure I'd class either Foxx or Aten as "big". Derron - what makes you think they look pretty big?

I don't much mind that they're small - probably makes them more responsive. Bottom line is finding out how good their packs are...

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

PJD
PJD's picture

I don't much mind that they're small - probably makes them more responsive.

Unfortunately, Zane/Aten energy doesn't appear to be very responsive. The guy on the endless sphere forum reported taking four months to recieve his pack. I have spent 16 days trying to get him to send me a preliminary invoice so I can close the sale - so who knows how long he actual batteries will take.

Aten energy may be largely exist as a "front" company for the Chinese manufacturer for the purpose of meeting "domestic content" requirements for government/defense contracts/subcontracts. If Zane gets a big contract with an OEM or the lucrative MIC, our measly $1K to 2K worth of business won't be worth the trouble.

Time to look at just getting Thundersky's from electric motorsport...

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage