Spell Check

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
davew
davew's picture
Spell Check

Gosh Darn it! Ak! wish we had a "spell check" on here; Receieved- correction received oops Cool Sigh*

The Firefox browser includes spell check by default in every window. I highly recommend it for this and so many other reasons.

Also, the moderators can fix anything you like including typos. Just send us a PM or even drop a comment. People do the comment thing all the time, but it is probably rarely seen because I usually remove the request once it has been granted.

Alias
Re: Spell Check

:) Thanks Dave

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

Bleh. I'm using the Google toolbar's spellcheck. It's retarded. It's case sensitive to words it doesn't know (have to put in non capitalized and capitalized version of a word), and doesn't know a bunch of word's I've typed in here before.

Case in point: It didn't recognize "toolbar's", but "toolbar" is fine.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Yeh, firefox.

Interesting is Firefox doesn't recognize 'firefox' (lower case) as a correct word but it recognizes 'Firefox' .. whatever.

I took a look and found this module: http://drupal.org/project/spellcheck

It's marked as being in-development so it's possibly buggy. I've never looked at it. It would not apply to comments, however, only to the head item in a thread.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

"Firefox" is a noun; shouldn't nouns be capitalized? It seems to be smart enough to know "david" is incorrect but "David" is, surprised you didn't catch on. ;)

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Alias

ArcticFox Wrote:

"Firefox" is a noun;

Oh crap! Okay I admit I can't spell sometimes ehem. (thinking of all of the reports I used to have to write)
However, never used Firefox and it would be neat to have an actual "Spell check" feature on the forum, ehem David???
hehehe jk

I am used to Yahoo toolbar or MSN (yuck) Is Microsoft still planning to buy Yahoo by the way??

It seems to be smart enough to know "david" is incorrect but "David" is, surprised you didn't catch on

Oooh I um sigh* (Going back to my desk)

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Firefox will take some getting used to - like trying to remove yourself from the IE Borg Collective, you're individual freedom may be a surprise.

I think the number one thing I like is the amount of Extention "Add-ons" that are available to make one's life a whole lot easier.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Alias

Hmmm, well I have always used internet exploiter (as someone once called it :) )
Sometimes I don't really care for them anymore, the server sometimes freezes, even if you have HSI.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

"Firefox" is a noun; shouldn't nouns be capitalized? It seems to be smart enough to know "david" is incorrect but "David" is, surprised you didn't catch on.

Actually, Firefox is a trademark. Last summer I took a class that gave me a certification of some sort in trademarks. One of the things they told me is that trademarks are not nouns.. trademarks are an identification of a source of a good or service. They taught me a number of screwy things like trademarks are more valuable when they are vague and loosely connected to a specific thingymajob. I suppose that's why Harley Davidson can sell t-shirts, because the trademark can be applied to anything. But the currently important thing they taught me is that each trademark has its own canonical representation, so Firefox would be the correct representation while firefox isn't, I guess.

Alias

Huh?! Interesting

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

My sister keeps Firefox on here for a few sites that don't like IE.

I've used it, and I don't really like it. It seems the same as IE, only I have problems if I want to configure it.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

davew
davew's picture

I've used it, and I don't really like it. It seems the same as IE, only I have problems if I want to configure it.

This is one of those comments that makes my head go bugga bugga bugga! :-) Throw in your favorite cartoon sound effect if you like.

Let us talk, friend, you and I. What do you want to configure Firefox to do? It really has no end of configurability through plugins. I use mouse gestures to open and close tabs. Firefox automatically downloads podcasts for me. Ads are automatically stripped off of every site I read. (I would pay huge money for that last feature alone.) It warns me about upcoming events like meetings at work and Valentine's Day at home. (One of those will earn me a huge thumping if I forget. Guess which.) If you throw in the fact that every other computer virus on the planet was written to specifically exploit IE the choice seems pretty clear.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Use code&quot;Solar22&quot; and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage