Anyone have a whip mounted?

2 replies [Last post]
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

I've a 102" fiberglass antenna on the back of my car. :)

I'm thinking of selling whips for people to mount on their ATVs and bikes. Does anyone have one mounted and do you think one with a lighted tip or fully lit would be of interest to anyone other than myself? :)

fiberpolewflag.jpg

www.BaseStationZero.com
THINKING X-TREME? - Do a Google search for "Alpha Products International" first!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
greg
Re: Anyone have a whip mounted?

I was thinking some thing like that would increase visibility. A "MOD" british flag would look cool. My R-20 trunk has a big bolt on the back filling a hole that looks like an antenna mount. I saw a couple of different types poles and mounts at a flag web site.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: Anyone have a whip mounted?

Is that hole in fiberglass or metal? At speed, these whips do put quite a strain on the mount.

www.BaseStationZero.com
THINKING X-TREME? - Do a Google search for "Alpha Products International" first!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Motenergy ME-0907 Brushless DC Permanent Magnet Motor 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Brushless Motor equivalent to the ETEK
Bottled Lightning: Superbatteries, Electric Cars, and the New Lithium Economy Essential to understanding the economic importance of lithium batteries
Juiced Hybrid Accessories and upgrades for hybrid cars
e-Bike Kit Electric bicycle conversion kits and accessories
How to Live Well Without Owning a Car Save Money, Breathe Easier, and Get More Mileage Out of Life
Customize This