Anyone have a whip mounted?

2 replies [Last post]
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

I've a 102" fiberglass antenna on the back of my car. :)

I'm thinking of selling whips for people to mount on their ATVs and bikes. Does anyone have one mounted and do you think one with a lighted tip or fully lit would be of interest to anyone other than myself? :)

fiberpolewflag.jpg

www.BaseStationZero.com
THINKING X-TREME? - Do a Google search for "Alpha Products International" first!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
greg
Re: Anyone have a whip mounted?

I was thinking some thing like that would increase visibility. A "MOD" british flag would look cool. My R-20 trunk has a big bolt on the back filling a hole that looks like an antenna mount. I saw a couple of different types poles and mounts at a flag web site.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: Anyone have a whip mounted?

Is that hole in fiberglass or metal? At speed, these whips do put quite a strain on the mount.

www.BaseStationZero.com
THINKING X-TREME? - Do a Google search for "Alpha Products International" first!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Revenge of the Electric Car The electric car is not only back from the dead, it's inevitable
Customize This