Suggestions for Scooters...

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
O_S_O
Suggestions for Scooters...

Hi, I'm very new to the whole electric scooter business, so I have no idea about what type of scooter to get or anything. :? From the little research I have done, I found the EV 1000, from Evader Motor Sports. At 30mph it seems fast enough for the city, however, I'm not sure if it is powerful enough to make it up long hills with about a 15-20% grade at a fast enough pace.

The bummer with the EV 1000 is that you have to change the battery once every two years. If a two year long lifespan is usual for electric scooters:

1. Where can you get the replacement battery?

2. Are they standard?

3. What is the usual cost?

Another option would be for me to get a gas scooter, I was thinking about the Vespa LX 50...

If you could give me any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

sgmdudley
Re: Suggestions for Scooters...

you will receive a variety of answers to your question about which scooter to get. You will find that most of the scooters are in the range of $1500 to $3000 to get 30 mph and reasonable hill climbing ability. The motors will be rated in the specs as 1500 to 3000(which won't mean a lot as they are only specs, not real world riding). They are mostly manufactured in China except for the Oxygen which is Italian (like Vespa). The ones to look for are 48v or 60v motors. 4 batteries or 5 batteries. Depending on how you condition and maintain the batteries they will last for a few years. Most will be Lead Acid at least until the much more expensive Lithium Ion becomes available as a standard option. My scooter is a ZAP (zero air pollution) model is Zapino. At this time the Lithium Ion option for my scooter is not available. Talking to a dealer in Oakland Calif, he sells the Oxygen for the hills of San Francisco over the EVT A because he says it climbs the hills better. At this time, there is nothing between $3000 and $12000. The higher cost machine is the Vectrix. For now, your best bet is to go thru the forums for Large Motorcycles, Vextrix, Zapino, Z20. Mostly to get up to speed with electric vehicles and terminology. You mentioned the Vespa LX50. This is a 49.4cc scooter that would probably be registered as a Moped, depending on your state. The specs say MAX Speed 39mph. That may be a little faster then allowed for Moped registration in most states, but you would have to check. Personally, if Vespa made an electric scooter the same motor size and performance as my Zapino and the same quality as the Vespa, I would pay more to buy it.

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

O_S_O

Thanks!

I'll check out some of your ideas.

You mentioned a dealer in Oakland, (which happens to be where I live). If you could you tell me what the name is that would be great, that way once I've researched some mopeds/scooters I can possibly try them out there.

Thanks again!

reikiman
reikiman's picture

The dealer in Oakland would be: http://www.electricmotorsport.com

Mountain chen

Yes,Todd of electricmotorsport.com have all Lithium version ZAPINO,Oxygon and EVT 268 to compare each other.

He bought 2pcs of 2500W Lithium version from me and another 2pcs 3000W Lithium battery scooters would be shipped next week.

aprillexicom

You can go over many sites according to the bike you need.The best way is to go on google search and you can find many results about the bikes and their accessories.

aprillexicom
Dual Diagnosis http://www.dual-diagnosis.net

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage