Bug - Resize Body Text Area

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
mikejuv
Bug - Resize Body Text Area

When posting, the 'body' text area can be vertically resized. However, when I click the bottom of the text area to resize it, it will not allow me to stop resizing it. The only way to cancel the resize action is to refresh the page. I'm assuming the desired functionality would be to click to begin resize, click again to save desired height and return to body text editing.

This is a low priority issue. I only discovered it because I accidentally clicked it and couldn't stop the resize action. If already browser aware, it may be easiest to disable the resize functionality in Firefox to prevent folks from having to refresh and possibly lose their entered text.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12. Haven't tested in Explorer.

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Bug - Resize Body Text Area

Yeah, I know, it's been that way for awhile and like you it bugs me but it's low enough priority that I haven't bothered to fix it. Sorry.

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

It's the same in Explorer. Has forced me to rewrite a few posts. Grr...

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

PJD
PJD's picture

Yes, let me second the motion that this "stuck in window resizing mode IS aggravating!

It typically happens unintentionally in situations when I am merely trying to move the text insertion point at the last line of text at the bottom of the window. Adding a few carriage returns below where you are typing helps but doesn't entirely prevent it from happening.

Link,

You should get Firefox, it remembers all typing in web-form windows, so when you reload the web page, your typing is still there. I like it's web-form spell check feature too.

Another feature I wish this forum has was the ability to see all the previous posts in the thread while posting a comment, instead of just the most recent one.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Yeah, in firefox I just refresh the page and the text is still there. That's why I haven't thought it was high priority because it's just an inconvenience. Back when this feature worked right it was nice because it lets you lengthen the edit window. Knowing that internet exploiter causes the text to be lost changes the situation a bit.

I'm hoping that upgrading to drupal 6 will fix the issue. I've been working on prequisite requirements and unfortunately drupal 6 isn't ready enough for our use on this site.

As for seeing all the previous comments while posting a comment -- the drupal community has some people working on this. One method I've tried is a button that causes a comment submission without refreshing the page at all.. instead a new comment edit box opens up inline and it's really convenient. However that ended up having some other serious flaws that I don't recall right now. The Advanced Forum team is supposed to be working on something about making all the comments available, but I haven't been following it closely enough.

If you can be patient for awhile longer things should be much better..

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage