G is for Gasoline ....

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
G is for Gasoline ....

Ack no! Here's a link that I'd like to propose for the most misguided product of the 21st century: http://www.revopower.com/the_wheel.html

Needless to say I won't be buying one - and I hope the enlightened readers of this forum will tell everyone that you can get an exact electric equivalent (likely for less money).

jdh wonders off shaking his head and muttering...

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: G is for Gasoline ....

I've seen that thing before. I rather like it. Very nice piece of engineering. Relatively cheap (an X5 hub alone costs that much). No batteries to mount, and I don't think you'd have to worry about torque arms. You gotta admit it looks pretty good, too.

Doesn't have near the power of even my cheap BD36 hub motor, though }:).

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

I wonder how noisy and smelly it is?

Sure it's an interesting piece of engineering and I'd like to play with one for that fact alone - but boy is it the wrong way to be heading right now! Don't encourage them! ;-)

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

65dB from 7ft. About the same as a person talking (I think). I've almost no sense of smell, anyway.

Still, it's no match for an electric, powerwise. It's also pretty heavy. 20mph top speed is probably a good thing with that kind of weight on the front wheel. Might have problems with the fuzz, too.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

SPEDcial Forces

You know it feels good to be calling the gasoline people puny, wimpy, and underpowered...

But yeah, adding all that unsprung weight and rotational inertia (if you look at the thing the mass isn't as centralized as a hub motor)...uhggg....

spinningmagnets

If I was doing gasoline, I would buy this chainsaw conversion kit:

http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/content/view/143/1/
$450 engine/bicycle kit

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot