3-4kW Scooters

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
PtePaul
3-4kW Scooters

I've been trying to find a scooter with li-ion batteries and power of 3 to 4 kW. Not those highway-looking scooters (vectrix), more like Z-20 and such. All I could find was this and these. They both are chinese companys, but I think that they could actually work pretty well. I live in Finland, so shipping is a problem. That's why I have forgotten the Z-20. Of course E-max is going to live again, but how fast with the lithium batteries?

Any ideas?

(This post doesn't have a clear message, sorry about that. Just try and get some conversation or something :))

smace
Re: 3-4kW Scooters

Here is a discussion of the new 3 and 3.5 kw XM bikes
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/3147-brand-new-xm3000-xm2000-replacement

Here is a discussion about a 3500kw upgrade kit ( I know not exactly what you ask for, but a possibility)
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/3119-fastest-z20a-world

Has anyone gotten an XM3000 or 3500 in hand yet?

Link to a bike by Mountain Chen which may be the xm3500
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/2948-13%E2%80%9D-full-rim-motor-scooter

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Has anyone gotten an XM3000 or 3500 in hand yet?

No one has them yet. The XM-3000 should be available first week of May, the XM-3500 in mid June.

I live in Finland, so shipping is a problem

Sorry - but I don't ship to Finland. You might try contacting Mountain Chen on this board. He's a manufacturer. You might persuade him to sell you something directly - but you wouldn't have much in the way of direct support at that point. However, you can always post your questions here.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

PtePaul

I contacted Mountain Chen (actually he contacted me) and I have made more movement forward on this subject in one day than in 6 months, that's sad for my six months of wasted time. I'm now just a little angry with myself, because I was going to post in this forum last year, but I thought there was plenty of time.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Don't beat yourself up too much! I'm glad you're making progress and I hope you can find a bike you like and enjoy getting on the road. I've seen quite a few Finnish conversions over on the EV Album so I know you'll find at least a few fellow countrymen to share your passion!

Good luck!

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

ratatouille

Hi PtePaul,

How will you get a registration in Finland for these scooters as there aren't EEC certified?

If you figure it out in Finland (officially registered), please let me know.

I live in France and no way to get a registration for this scooter (3500) without an european certificate unless (and i have to check that also) it is registered in another european country. Then french administration can't refuse to register it.

What are the rules in Finland ?

Jean-François

Mountain chen

Hi PtePaul,

How will you get a registration in Finland for these scooters as there aren't EEC certified?

If you figure it out in Finland (officially registered), please let me know.

I live in France and no way to get a registration for this scooter (3500) without an european certificate unless (and i have to check that also) it is registered in another european country. Then french administration can't refuse to register it.

What are the rules in Finland ?

EEC type approval is under progress.... it will come out in 2 months.

USA buyers just go to Xtreme scooter or John who will take responsibility of after sale service.

PtePaul

Of course, EEC approval. I was starting to think that this is going too well. I think that the law says that it has to have the approval. I don't know.

kaidokert

http://www.urbanmover.com/products_lexola_g3000li.htm#specs

Anyone heard about that ? The Sx version, with silicon batts is listed for £1,954.00 at electricbikes4u .. wonder how much lifepos add to that ?
Im interested in getting one just south of Finland ..

Mountain chen

http://www.urbanmover.com/products_lexola_g3000li.htm#specs

Anyone heard about that ? The Sx version, with silicon batts is listed for £1,954.00 at electricbikes4u .. wonder how much lifepos add to that ?
Im interested in getting one just south of Finland ..

Look into the specification,it is not professional at all. 48V system with 3kw even 3.9kw should be very big current output,and 8pcs 20AH battery mixed connection would be easily broken like E-max.

and 48V system in 10" wheel motor will almost impossible to get 40mph speed. There should be not accurate speed meter as EVTA

PtePaul

ratatouille:

The EEC approval is coming, actually before the scooters arrive, so no worries there. You can actually register a non-EEC scooter, but you have to do some configurations and possibly change parts, so it would come expensive.

Mountain chen

ratatouille:

The EEC approval is coming, actually before the scooters arrive, so no worries there. You can actually register a non-EEC scooter, but you have to do some configurations and possibly change parts, so it would come expensive.

Yes,some EU countries could do single type approval based on all E-mark spare parts.it will cost extra 100-200dollars

ratatouille

The EEC approval is coming

With such approval, i prefer waiting it is arrived.

Single type approval is much more complex (France) than spare parts EEC approved :(

This scooter is sold in Norway, which is member of EEC but i don't see any EEC number in the site.

It may be Mountain Chen's products, isn't it ?

Jean-François

Jean-François

Mik
Mik's picture
The EEC approval is coming

With such approval, i prefer waiting it is arrived.

Jean-François

Smart move...

Hopefully the Europeans have some sort of functional quality control system which is able to identify any unsafe product before it gets in or gets 'certifiied'.

In the USA there seems to be no such system, otherwise the Z20 should not have made it to market (based on what I read on V).

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

ratatouille

This scooter is sold in Norway, which is member of EEC but i don't see any EEC number in the site.

Sorry, i mistake, Norway is member of EEE (European Economic Area) as a member of EFTA (european free-trade association) but not member of EEC (european economic community).

So back to the beginning and waiting for EEC number.

Jean-François

Jean-François

kaidokert

The one on Norweigian site seems to be branded ERATO electric scooter ( judging by the painted logo on one of the pics ).

Heres another one:
http://www.sweetelec.com/fr/2-roues-electriques/scooters-electriques/125cm3/sweetgt

I was google-translated reading their forums, not available but expected shortly. I suspect its a re-badged EFUN-D 300 ( http://www.efun-ev.com/pro-d.html )

It'd be good to have a database of all the rebadged versions and resellers to sort it all out .. im still looking for something tangible to buy.

andrew
andrew's picture

kaidokert,
I noticed an informative wikipedia page: Electric Motorcycles and Scooters.

Maybe a table could be added called "Alternate Product Names, with Respective Distributors."

I wouldn't buy any unknown product unless I was willing to take a big risk. Even if it is a rebadged version, it could be lower quality, or a specific order for a lower price with cheaper components.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

kaidokert

whoa, somebody has done a pretty good job at updating wikipedia on all this, thanks for linking.
should be a "sticky" post somewhere here probably. And for all the vendors and resellers, i'd recommend them to help at keeping the links and info up to date there.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage