Chher Ocean 48volt30ah LiFePO4 batteries on Ebay

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
fcordeiro
Chher Ocean 48volt30ah LiFePO4 batteries on Ebay

This ebay seller xianqqang-hk from Cheer Ocean LiFePO4 batteries is selling 48volt30ah batteries for a excellent price of 5000 plus 100 shipping. Have any of you heard of this seller. I was thinking of using this unit for my Lashout electric bike. I want a run it with a powerpack 1000 watt motor and 35amp powerpack controller. Would I be able to handle the amount of amps coming from this pack.

LiFePO4 batteries

LiFePO4 batteries

LiFePO4 batteries

LiFePO4 batteries

LiFePO4 batteries

LiFePO4 batteries

LiFePO4 batteries

frodus
frodus's picture
Re: Chher Ocean 48volt30ah LiFePO4 batteries on Ebay

5 grand for only 48V at 30Ah? Thats ridiculously high priced.

I was quoted 3600 bucks for 50Ah 72V pack with BMS:
http://www.electricwheelsinc.com/batteries.shtml

Sounds like a scam. Do you know what the charge, discharge rates are?

Travis Gintz
1986 Honda VFR Conversion
www.evfr.net

fcordeiro

I meant 500.00 for the 48volt30ah batteries. I did not mean five thousand. I wonder if this is legitimate. This is a lower price than Ping.

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

Hmm, that's a deal. Seriously, speaking in terms of usable capacity, that's actually cheaper than lead :O.

Assuming it's legit, of course.

However, I have heard that the Cheer Ocean cells aren't exactly top notch. That would explain the low price; you get what you pay for. But, for that price, it may be worth the risk...

Up to you, really.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

jbird

I would be very careful with this "deal." The specifications look to be for a 20AH pack in terms of overall dimensions and weight. Also check the very low feedback amount received. I would not risk it personally.

fcordeiro

Would the Ping batteries for 600.00 be a more reliable pick. I have heard positive things about the 4LiFePO 48volt20ah battery on this site. What have you heard about the Ping Battery?

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

A LOT. Seriously, there's a 54 page thread dedicated to them over on Endless-Sphere.

Basically: They're an awesome deal. They don't take well to high-discharge rates (2C is the max rated), though some have run them pretty hard (peaks of 4C) without apparent issue. They also are quite close to their rated capacity. If you don't run a very high amperage system or can afford a very big pack, they're highly recommended.

Jury is still out on their cycle life, but so far they seem to hold up pretty well.

Ping is generally regarded as the most reliable seller.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

fcordeiro

Can the 35 amp powerpack controller handle a LiFePo4 48volt20ah battery. I want to use a powerpack motor and controller on my lashout electric bicycle. The motor is about 1000 watts brushless motor.

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

Battery type is not a question. Amp Hours is not a question. The real question is voltage. What voltage is your controller. If it is a 24 volt controller then you might be able to push to say 30 volts. If it is a 36-volt controller then maybe 42 to 43 volts. The controller is the weak link in the system. The motor will be effected but most motor can withstand a 33% increase in voltage with no ill effects. This of course is a general statement and you would need to check your motor for excessive heat.

Grandpa Chas S.

fcordeiro

The controller is 48 volt controller that can handle 35amps. You can find it at powerpack motors.com. The controller can also work for 36 and 24 volts if you switch it with a key. But it came ready to operate at 48 volts.

fcordeiro

The description of the motor can me found at: http://powerpackmotors.com/Black_controller_photo_and_info_page.html I have used this controller with lead acid and my wiring problems have caused some burn outs. I just think that I need havier wire gauge and better connectors for my harness. The bike is a lashout electric bike.

andrew
andrew's picture

fcordeiro,
My concern would be if the peak and continuous current would be too high for the Ping LiFePo4 battery when pairing it with a powerpack motor/controller. Also, the voltage might sag a bit, which might make it not such a great choice if high performance is the goal. Try and find the DC resistance of the Ping battery when fully charged, or the impedance at 1 kHz.

Personally, if I was to get a powerpack motor/controller, I would first contact Tim (I think he's the owner) and find out the peak current of the controller which might be a lot higher than 35 amps. This might help you make your battery decision because at this high current, the voltage might really sag on the Ping battery. Also the high discharge rates may be far outside of the max discharge spec on a 20 ah Ping battery.

For the best performance, I would go with lead-acid AGMs designed for high-rate cycle use like the B&B EVP series, or Odyssey. Or, construct a pack of sub-C RC car NiMH packs. These would perform very well.

The point I'm trying to get across is to design the system with your goals in mind. If performance is the reason you are getting the powerpack motor/controller than it doesn't make sense to get a battery on the low end in terms of performance.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

Aerowhatt
Aerowhatt's picture

I tested a ping Battery on a Voloci, 20ah 36v ping to be exact. If you are familiar with the Voloci then you know it's power requirement. If not it's controller is rated at 40 amps and actually peaks at 42 (this one does anyway). The Voloci pulls about 22 amps at top speed 26mph on the flat. One really long gradual climb held it at 1.5C 30amps for about three minutes with no degredation in voltage over the 3 minutes. I did a 17 mile ride with it in hilly terrain with plenty of stop and go. Used 16.5 ah out of the 20ah battery. The battery powered the bike about the same as the stock 13ah saft Nimh battery. Also about the same as when powered by 13ah Hawker AGM's. Max Range (same riding conditons) was around 10 or 11 miles with the Nimh or AGM's

Now if you are running a mountain bike at 35mph or somethiing you likely will run into trouble with sustaining power levels. Otherwise it should work fine.

Of important note is that the BMS on the battery dropped out at 32 amps consistently. It's fairly simple to alter the shunt on the board, to an amperage which will be just above the controller peak before the BMS cuts out (Guessing 40 amps for the powerpak controller). It is within the specs of the cells used in the battery to do so (rated to pulses of 3C). The Power fets on the Ping BMS have been routinely handling 60amp peaks (in other applications) without failing or heating appreciably. The Voloci weighs about 70lbs if memory serves. It doesn't have pedals so there was no pedaling during the ride.

Aerowhatt

andys
andys's picture

I run that exact combination with great success. (Powepack motor and 48V20AH Ping battery) I made sure to tell Ping to give me at least 38-40 amps continuous output on the pack.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage