AGM Batteries won't hold a charge

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
MarxNutz
AGM Batteries won't hold a charge

I've gotten ahold of 2 AGM batteries, but they don't seem to hold a charge... One shows almost 0 volts, while the other shows about 2.2 volts. What can cause this, and what can be done about it? Also, there is an onboard 24v charger that has 0 output, and I see no fuse on the body. All these things are on a Pride Dynamo electric scooter.

andrew
andrew's picture
Re: AGM Batteries won't hold a charge

The batteries may have been left discharged. It may help by leaving them on the charger for a few days. Where did you get the batteries?

Measure the battery voltage while on the charger if you can. Some chargers need feedback from the batteries before starting, so they might measure 0 open circuit voltage. It is also possible that the charger is bad.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

MarxNutz
Re: AGM Batteries won't hold a charge

The batteries and charger are on a Pride Dynamo electric scooter, like the carts you see disabled people use at Wal-Mart and the like... I tested the charger by disconnecting the leads and putting the multimeter to them. You may have given me a definitive answer to why I got a reading of 0 volts from those leads. I will try your method and see if there is a change of state of charge. Thanks for the info!

"If we didn't use real frog, it wouldn't be crunchy now, would it?"

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage