The Current???

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
vinnie
The Current???

Anybody know anything about this car?

The Current

I emailed them an inquiry yesterday but no response yet.

evDreamer
Re: The Current???

Anybody know anything about this car?

The Current

I emailed them an inquiry yesterday but no response yet.

------------
Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

0-60 under 5 seconds with only 40kw motor?
Something's fishy.
Pls let us know what you find out.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Looks interesting - I wonder what the cost is? Did you also see the "Snyper"? That one looks like a pipe dream...

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

vinnie

I wonder what the cost is?

Yeah, I was surprised that a price range wasn't listed. If they don't reply today, I'm calling tomorrow.

Did you also see the "Snyper"?

I assume that is vaporware but what caught my attention about the Current is they claim it is available right now on their lot. I think evdreamer is right that something is phisy...

I will keep everyone posted as to what I find out. Anyone else out there run into this vehicle before? I want to know the truth of where it comes from before I talk to the dealer.

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

So, we have a Volt and a Current. If I find them in a scrapyard and put the working parts together, does that mean I have a Watt?

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

I think the real question is "Watt do you have?"

Chas S.

vinnie

Very witty, I mean it guys!

So, no email reply but I did call the phone numbers listed which got me the owner on his cell (while driving). It is definitely a very small operation. In the short conversation we had, he told me the cars are coming from Texas and that he takes pre-orders for them. He said the "next" shipment arrives in about 60 days. I gave him my number and told him to call me so I can look at one when it arrives. He doesn't keep inventory, since he sells them before they arrive. He had to hang up since he was on the highway...I'll wait for the call back on pricing, etc.

Could be a scam, could be a cheap product, could be awesome...more waiting.

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

strawhistle

;)

I sugest you google and check out the KURRENT a friend got one last year and has had a hard time liceensing it In Eau Claire cause of the "old boys school" and had to put a limiter on the speed 20MPH and go bicycle license to use it after they said never saw or heard of it !! and it was suposed to be built in janesville . for less than $9000.00 with winshild wipers and (heet)? I believe it is an induction motor so you could loose the 48Vlead , add 60V lifepo4 and have a good 2 seat ride !!! Later

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage