Dewalt or Pingpong?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
SPEDcial Forces
Dewalt or Pingpong?

I came across DEWALT batteries.

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/attachment_detail_listing.asp?categoryID=518

I don't know the AH, or Amperage, but I saw a video of somone using them for an E-bike.

Now I was considering toing a 48 volt system (though my inner speed demon is saying 72) which would be either 2KW or 3KW (if I go with a 72) and was wondering which would have better range, and which would have be able to handle the high output better. I heared somewhere that the ping-pong packs didn't like to put out a higher amperage, so I was considering wiring 2 10AH batteries in a paralell circut to compensate? Would this be dangerous (using a crystalite pheonix motor)?

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Dewalt or Pingpong?

The dewalt batteries only come in 36v so if you're set on a 48v system you'd have to take the dewalt packs apart and reconfigure them, and you'd be unable to reuse the dewalt BMS.

You're right the pingping packs don't do high currents. Dewalt batteries do.

Putting batteries in parallel does split the load and help have a higher overall power output.

The dewalt packs are 33v 2ah (or thereabouts).

coolLiquid

I'm thinking about getting some LiFePO4 packs from here http://www.ebikes.ca/index.shtml
I live in Vancouver so it will be nice to have help if the battery needs work.

SPEDcial Forces

OK, thanks for the help. I'm going to be downgrading my overall setup due to financial reasons, but 2 Amp hours is definetely not enough. Do you think I could run 1 kw on a 36volt pingpong battery?

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

You could do it with a 10Ah PingPack, but it would struggle. 15Ah would be better. You won't regret getting a 20Ah if you can afford it, though.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

SPEDcial Forces

If I do go the conventional E-bike rout I'll be getting the 20AH.

Only hitch is I keep on seeing different shiny ways of doing motorized bicycles and I end up getting very ADHD as far as plans go (plus the bike I got sucked, and I think it was one of the ones they were giving away when you bought a Jeep). There is the conventional E-bike, there's that RC method that guy did with the recumbant, there are spookytooth gasoline bicycles...it's hard for my brain to stay focused.

Still, I've promised myself I will have ordered some sort of bicicle capable of doing 30-40 mph by the end of the month, and that I will be zipping around on it by the beggining of june, and I will wrap a bicycle around a tree before the beggining of my senior year.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage