Vectrix W3

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buzby
Buzby's picture
Vectrix W3

I caught a glimpse of this on a You Tube video of some US exhibition - the camera just passed over it to look only at the VX1. The design is clearly that of the Piaggio MP3 three-wheeled scooter... which I had a loaner of for a few days (the petrol 125cc model, not Vectrix'). Anyone know more about this - whether it is still a 'To Do' item assuming the VX1 will still be offered as a parallel product....

Hermes
Re: Vectrix W3

I'm not sure if this is the video you've seen, but at the 6th minute there's a description of the 3 wheeled Vectrix and of another two wheeler called Vectrix 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78YWqv4UMKw

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I hadn't seen this - useful to know it exists, but no info on the possibility of it actually appearing (as with the Vectrix 2!). Interestingly the guy mentioned that the bike builders were really engine manufacturers finding platforms to shift those engines, but he didn't expand on his reference to Piaggio only as an engine builder, when the 3W certainly owes a lot to their Patent for twin-wheel front suspension.

- Raymond

Hermes

Well, given the current model not exactly setting the charts ablaze, for whatever reason, I don't see new models being produced in much of a hurry.
Personally I'm not fond of the Three wheelers, Piaggio or else. A motorcycle is supposed to filter through traffic, with that width it won't. And it's rather unattractive.
And petrol scooter manufacturers have a finger (financially speaking) in the OIL pie. They're not going to sponsor a product that once sold it is autosufficent.
This is why I'd like to see the Vectrix, or another decent electric bike, take off.
Still, only time will tell. At present I can only blame big (and inadequate) marketing heads trying to justify their inflated salary with big wins, or so they want it to appear, be it petrol or new technology.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I've actually used one, and the size is still that of a maxi-scooter. I loved the additional stability on potholed roads (most of those here in Scotland!) and if given the choice between a W3 and a VX1, I'd choose the formaer - I can cope with looking like I've stepped into it the wrong way round. As you say, not much chance of any release until they crack the market - but until they make it easily and reasonably insurable, that isn't going to happen!

- Raymond

Hermes

Well, if it does come out and you do get one, I might be after your V1, what colour is it?

Ciao

Buzby
Buzby's picture

White - although I haven't got it yet due to Vectrix UK being slow processing emails.... that said, if I do get the VX1 first, I probably won't be selling it - only if they were of similar pricing and were jointly available would I go for the W3 in preference..

- Raymond

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage